sIMPLE bABY bOY cARD
hAPPY fRIDAY! Today I’m sharing a simple baby boy card that combines elements from different stamp sets- plus a pictorial on how to create your own DIY clouds. Mixing and matching stamps and creating your own scenery isn’t hard and allows you to customize your projects in ways that may be “outside the (stamp) box”. Getting more from what you have is just plain…. SAVVY!
sEASONAL lAYERS fRAMELITS dIES
To prepare for my Paper Hugs Club class last month (featuring techniques with Sponge Daubers- one of my fave coloring tools), I created these clouds as an example of ways to create scenery. Think clouds, waves (upside down clouds), sun rays, etc… they’re so easy and fun to do! Simply create a stencil, then pounce (or rub) along the edge, moving it to cover the area desired.
The scalloped die from the SEASONAL LAYERS Framelits Dies does double-duty here in creating the stencil for the clouds AND adding a cute edge to the card front .Did you catch that?
The main sentiment on the front and inside is from FLOURISHING PHRASES… a great multi-occasion set. I like it because it’s full of two-part sentiments designed to use on the front AND inside of your cards. While the one I chose is intended as an encouragement sentiment, by adding “Welcome Little One” (from the new ANIMAL OUTING set), we’ve created a new baby sentiment. Plus, the mix of fonts makes it right on trend! (photo below)
The classic color combination of red, white and blue is perfect to welcome a new little boy to the world- especially when you soften the colors. And while Lovely Lipstick is a little on the pink side of red, don’t you agree it still works?
bEHIND tHE sCENES
Today’s project started with the clouds I created for that class. Then I thought about what might go with clouds and came up with the kite from the SWIRLY BIRD set (which had to be red!). The front sentiment just fit with the clouds, but, at this point it was looking like a baby boy card. Hmmm. What to do??? I searched my stamp sets for ideas on how to end the sentiment sentence but came up blank. Then it occurred to me I could just go with it, as intended, and add “Welcome Little One”. Perfect! Sometimes I have a clear idea of where I’m going before I start. Other times, a single design element leads me. On a long, winding path. lol Anyone else???
I hope this simple baby boy card makes you smile and inspires you to be creative with your own stamps and tools! Sometimes it’s just fun to P L A Y !
Need supplies to make today’s project? Find them at the end of this post with shopping links for your convenience.
I hope you’ll join me next week for a tropical retreat featuring the new TROPICAL CHIC Suite. I’ve been playing all week and am excited to share with you a few ideas you probably haven’t seen yet! See you Monday 🙂
The limited release ‘Color Your Season’ is available while supplies last or Aug. 1-31, 2018. It includes:
- Blended Seasons Bundle (Best Value/SAVE 10%- stamps and Framelits dies)
- Blended Season Stamp Set
- Stitched Seasons Coordinating Framelits Dies
- Watercolor Pencils Assortment Pack #2
BONUS DAYS SAVINGS
During the month of August every $50 in product you purchase earns you a $5 coupon redeemable in September (with no minimum purchase required). Redeem it for anything in the catalog… including the NEW Fall-Winter Catalog coming Sept 5th! No limit, so stack ’em up!
- Make sure your product subtotal (BEFORE tax and shipping) meets the $50 incremental threshold.
Example: $99.99 in products only earns you 1 coupon. $100 earns you 2
- Get triple benefits for orders $150+ (it pays to save up & place one large order!)
- Earn $15+ in coupons (that’s 10% savings)
- Earn 10% in Stampin’ Rewards (includes access to Host Sets; redeemable immediately) – you’re now at 20% savings
- Earn Free Product Samples and handmade projects from me! (no code required)
- Get double benefits for orders <$150
- Earn $5 coupon for every $50 in products purchased
- Use my exclusive Rewards Code for FREE Product Samples & handmade projects from me!
JFM4QYJ7 >Copy & Paste into HOST CODE Box in Shopping Bag
- After each order, you’ll receive an email from Stampin’ Up! with a coupon code- MAKE SURE TO KEEP THAT EMAIL SAFE! You’ll need the coupon codes to redeem for credit in September and you’re the only that has them (SU! doesn’t keep them, nor are Demonstrator’s given copies, so it’s REALLY IMPORTANT you don’t delete them. There’s no way to recover them if they’re lost!)
HAPPY MAIL- Ends today!
If you like getting happy mail, now’s the time to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin, Stampin’ Up!’s monthly project kit of FUN! Sign up now through August 10th to get 50% off the August kit. wooHOO! Find more details HERE. Subscribe HERE.
If that’s not you, just place $50+ order and I’ll include it FREE with your thank you gift (plus an Annual Catalog, too if you want)! Just one of the perks of shopping with me!
More to check out…
- August REWARDS CODE: JFM4QYJ7
< Copy & Paste into HOST CODE Box in Stampin Up Shopping bag> for free Product Samples from me
- Clearance Rack $avings up to 70% off
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
- SHOP HERE
Happy Stampin’! xxx tammy 🙂
*** Product List for today’s SIMPLE BABY BOY CARD ***
Click any image to SHOP my online store