Your cart is currently empty!
Stampin Up Personalized DIY Party Banner- Happy Day!
Stampin’ Up! Personalized DIY Party Banner
Who else likes making things instead of buying them… especially when you can create exactly what you want? Today’s DIY Party Banner is all about transforming simple paper into something fun, festive and useful (that’s also inexpensive and easy to make with tips in today’s video tutorial).
This multi-purpose banner (above) hangs in my office/studio while not is use for parties and celebrations. Doesn’t it just make you smile? It works for birthdays, graduations, showers, or just about anything worth celebrating… and makes ME happy the rest of the time!
This particular banner was made with retired Designer Series Paper; the current 6″ x 6″ Brights Collection DSP and Cardstock Pack contain all the new colors.
My daughter Jessica is an Usborne Books Consultant and wanted something for her events table, so she requisitioned the above banner… which turned out so stinkin’ cute (and was a HUGE hit!). Think of the possibilities -or watch the video- I share several fun ideas. 🙂
Want to give the gift of books? SHOP with her HERE or check out her Facebook page HERE. Usborne Books are awesome and LOVED by my grand-kiddos and friends’ kids! I’m happy to shamelessly promote her 🙂
Check out the video for how-to instructions and several alternate ideas…
There’s several tips in the video that will make putting this together easy-peasy, so I do recommend you watch it first!
- Cut each banner piece from Designer Series Paper of choice (Brights Collection 6″ x 6″ DSP) 2″ x 5-1/2″
- Score in 3/4″ from one end (on Stampin’ Trimmer or Simply Scored Tool; apply Tear & Tape Adhesive to reverse, along top edge (don’t remove paper backing yet)
- Punch opposite end with Banner Triple Punch
- Punch with (retired) 2-1/2″ Circle Punch (or die-cut with Layering Circles Framelits Dies) from coordinating Brights Collection Cardstock
- Die-Cut letters from Thick Whisper White Cardstock, using Large Letter Framelits Dies; adhere to circles with Multi-Purpose Glue or SNAIL
- Attach banner pieces to Whisper White Baker’s Twine (following suggestion in video)
- Attach circles to banner pieces with Stampin’ Dimensionals (following suggestion in video)
If you don’t have the Large Letter Framelits Dies, follow my suggestion in the video for using the LETTERS FOR YOU Alpha Stamps (yep- that’s the name I couldn’t think of while filming! lol)
*** Supply List for today’s DIY Party Banner Project ***
Click any image to add to your Stampin’ Up! Shopping Bag
Remember to apply current Rewards Code for FREEBIES from me!
JULY SPECIALS (last few days!)
Buy 3 – Get 1 FREE Designer Series Sale. Select from ten different designs; mix and match as you please- NO LIMIT! Stock up NOW
If you like getting happy mail, now’s the time to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin, Stampin’ Up!’s monthly project kit of FUN! Sign up now through August 10th to get 50% off the August kit. wooHOO! Find more details HERE. Subscribe HERE.
Love Stampin’ Up! products? Want to start saving 20% on all your orders? Have we got a deal for you! Check out more details HERE and consider joining my team. Selling is totally optional – hobbyists welcome! SIGN UP Online HERE
- Check out Clearance Rack $avings up to 70% off
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
- JUST ADDED! July Paper Pumpkin FREE Stamp Case Insert
Last few days to apply the current Rewards Code DZCXUQPF to your order (in the HOST CODE box) and receive this month’s FREE Sampler Pack from me. Place any size order by FRIDAY and get enough goodies to create several cards, plus a handmade card to give (or keep for inspiration). New customer? I’ll include a catalog, too! SHOP HERE
Thanks for visiting today… so glad you stopped by! What will you make for your own DIY Party Banner??? Leave me a comment- I’d love to hear!
xxx tammy 🙂