Hi friends! Today’s card is sooo ridiculously easy… you will LOVE it! I’m using Stampin’ Up!’s original DAISY PUNCH to introduce a fun technique I’m calling Positive-Negative (I say original because it has a new little sister to play with now). It uses both the positive and negative areas from the punch to create one dual-sided image… coolio!
This technique works for both punches and dies that are symmetrical in form… as in the same on both halves if you divide them down the center. Simple insert your cardstock panel half-way into punch and cut. Flip the cut piece over, line up at center line and adhere… that’s it!
Since punches are so quick and easy, I opted to keep the A2 card design the same; the only measurement you need is the 1-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ accent panel. Add a touch of interest by rounding just one corner with the DETAILED TRIO Punch. Get creative with the flower center… it becomes the focal point!
Daisy Punch Card #1
- Card Base: Petal Pink Cardstock
- Accent Panel: Poppy Parade Cardstock embossed with SUBTLE EF
- Sentiment: DAISY LANE Stamps
- Flower Center: Thick Whisper White Cardstock colored with Poppy Parade Combo Pack Stampin’ Blends Markers, punched with 3/4″ Circle Punch (retired) and dotted with Fine-Tip Glue Pen; adhere with a Stampin’ Dimensional
- Savvy Tips:
- Embossing is optional, but if you opt to do it- emboss first, punch second. Select folders with patterns that are the same on both sides
- Adhere accent panel and daisy first, then stamp sentiment (this way helps you center the sentiment). The Stamparatus is a life-saver when it comes to exact placement and no mistakes!
Product List for Card #1
Daisy Punch Card #2
- Card Base: Coastal Cabana Cardstock
- Accent Panel: Blackberry Bliss Cardstock
- Sentiment: COUNTRY HOME Stamps
- Flower Center: Blackberry Bliss Cardstock cut with 1-1/8″ Scallop Circle Punch; Brights 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper (in Coastal Cabana) cut with 1″ Circle Punch (same paper decorates envelope flap)
- Savvy Tips: Decorate your envelope to match!
Product List for Card #2
Know the most time-consuming part of creating this card? Deciding on color combinations! So to save you a little time, here’s three more ideas -in addition to the above two cards…
Double Rewards! Earn $5 towards free or discounted products in August for every $50 you spend in July… no limit! PLUS, earn a Reward Point toward a free shopping spree from me, with this month’s code TYFTBUDX
Join Stampin’ Up! and get over $80 worth of freebies with your Starter Kit this month! Hobby stampers welcome… see all the reasons to join HERE, including 20-25% off future orders!
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out….
- WAYS TO SAVE:
- Earn Free Products from Tammy with current Rewards Code (below)
- Earn Free Products from Stampin’ Up!
- Bonus Days in July – Earn a $5 voucher for every $50* spent in July. Stack them for free products or savings in August! (*before tax & shipping)
- July Rewards Code TYFTBUDX –Apply to HOST CODE BOX for all orders up to $149.99 (no code if $150+)
- Join the Fun and get over $80 worth of freebies in July!
- FREE NEWSLETTER with PDF printable resources & tutorials, crafty tips & the latest Stampin’ Up! specials and news. Subscribe HERE
- NEW 2019-2020 ANNUAL CATALOG/IDEA BOOKS- They’re full of design inspiration, color ideas and more… use it like a reference book of FUN!
- SAVE 20-25% OFF Stampin’ Up! Details HERE
- NEW! SUITE SAVINGS on Coordinated Products
- CLEARANCE RACK deals up to 60% off
- PINTEREST Inspiration & Project Ideas
- YouTube Paper Crafting Video Tutorials
What do you think of today’s fun and easy technique??? Let me know with a comment below.
Give it a try… the Daisy Punch is a great place to start!❤