Delightfully Detailed Card in 3 Easy Steps
Happy Monday! I’m excited for those of you that placed orders this weekend! The new Stampin’ Up! catalog launched Friday and you’ll be among the first to play with the new products! I enjoy seeing what you pick… new colors and bundles top the list so far! Savvy choices!
Today’s Delightfully Detailed card features a mix of several new products (why choose just one?!) including the new Delightfully Detailed Specialty Paper. Plus, I’ve got a Savvy Tip for you that hopefully you’ll enjoy. It comes in handy when you need a card, but don’t have time to make one.
In Color 2018-2020 6×6 DSP
The new In-Color Designer Series Paper in ‘Lovely Lipstick’ shines here. I LOVE basic patterns like polka-dots and stripes. Who else likes versatile? And CUTE! Layered under the Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Paper, it just perks this card UP! Any of the other In-Colors would also work… pick your fave or make them all! Touches of Basic Gray give it a modern twist.
And speaking of this Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Paper… can I just say it’s INCREDIBLE! It was actually delightful to work with. It’s a wonderful mix of borders, card-size panels and full sheets you can cut apart to make a TON of cards! And it’s double-sided: whisper white one one side, very vanilla on the reverse!
I admit I was a little concerned it’d be fussy to work with, but, I’m happy to report it wasn’t! Cutting the flowers apart was easy; just snip off what you want. It took me about 10 minutes- the most time-consuming element on this card!
Plus, there’s enough solid areas to glue, including the border strip, so that concern was also alleviated. I used the Multi-Purpose Glue and it was fine; the Fine-Tip Glue Pen would probably be ideal. Savvy Tip: If you get a little glue seepage, let it dry, then pounce the Embossing Buddy over it. It’ll cover any residual stickiness. All-in-all, much easier than anticipated.
Have you ever had cards in your stash, but not the one you need? I’m all for creating multi-purpose cards that can be customized later, when a need arises. The sentiment on the front of this Delightfully Detailed card (from the Varied Vases stamp set) is a great example of one that works for so many things. Birthdays. Weddings. Encouragement. Love.
- My tip: create a card as normal, but leave the sentiment blank (can be either and/or both the front and inside sentiments).
- In this example, I used a multi-purpose sentiment for the front and left the inside blank, to add later- based on my needs.
- When you need a card, simply stamp your sentiment to fit the need and you’re good to go! Waaaaaaaay less time than starting from scratch. Put this into practice, and you’ll find you’re rarely missing the card you need!
3-Step Customize-It-Later card
- Create side-fold A2 Card Base in Thick Whisper White; cut off 1/2″ from front long edge. Cut In-Color DSP to 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″; cut 1/2″ from long edge. Adhere polka-dot pattern to front panel. Flip 1/2″ strip over (it’s now stripes!) and adhere to inside panel edge. (Optional: Decorate the inside with the lovely flower and vase stamps in matching inks)
- Trim Delightfully Detailed Specialty Paper as desired. Adhere to front panel, with border along long edge.
- Take 5-1/2″ x 3″ piece of Basic Gray cardstock and die cut one edge with stitched die from the Stitched Labels Framelits. Trim down to 1/4″ wide and adhere to inside panel, making sure to check reveal with card closed. Stamp sentiment with Versamark and heat emboss with white embossing powder. Trim and punch end with Triple Banner Punch. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Optional: Decorate the envelope. The Petal Pair Textured Impressions Embossing Folder is a great option. I think it pairs perfectly with the Delightfully Detailed paper!
Hope you enjoyed today’s Delightfully Detailed card and have as much fun making it as I did!
If you missed last Friday’s post with the new catalog download and free exclusive printable guide, check it out HERE. Until Wednesday…
xxx tammy 🙂
Need supplies to make today’s project? Click any photo to shop Stampin’ Up! supplies online. Use current Rewards Code for free product samples from me!