DIY Notepad Holder For Stockings, Gifts & Craft Fairs –
Hi friends! I’ve got a fun paper-crafting project for you that’s super quick and easy to make and great for stocking stuffers, teacher/neighbor/co-worker/Secret Santa gifts, Craft Fairs, – and yourself! They’re both pretty AND practical! But first a reminder…
TODAY’S THE LAST DAY TO SAVE on Punches, Framelits/Thinlits, Embossing Folders, Tools of all kinds, Ink and Markers- including Stampin’ Blend Markers that have NEVER been on sale before! There’s a HUGE selection from the 2018-19 Annual Catalog for sale, so take advantage before it ends tonight at 11:50 pm MT. SHOP the deals HERE.
Start with a 3″ x 5″ Memo Pad with a cardboard base. They can be found just about anywhere- grocery stores, dollar stores, Target, Walmart and online at Amazon. They come blank or lined- you pick. You may need to adjust the measurements slightly if your pads differ from mine, but, it’s simple. My pad is 3″ wide, by 5″ high x 3/8″ deep.
A heavyweight, double-sided Designer Paper is best, but cardstock would also work. The Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper is ideal! The pearlescent highlights are beautiful, the patterns work for year-round use and it’s heavy enough to take abuse.
- On Stampin’ Trimmer, cut DSP 3″ x 12″
- Score at 4-1/2″, 4-7/8, 10″, 10-3/8″, 11-1/4″. Burnish each fold with a Bone Folder.
- Apply Tear & Tape (or other heavy-duty tape) to both sides of last (small) flap. This will create the “match-book” close for the cover. Place Notepad with bound or gummed end into this end of cover and adhere flap to top piece of paper, with Notepad centered in DSP and flush with the end. (see photo below)
- Apply Multipurpose Glue or Tear & Tape to back of cardboard on Notepad; adhere DSP.
- That’s it… tuck cover into flap. To remove notes, simply tear at flap!
I decided to keep mine simple and not add embellishments that could get caught in purses, etc. but feel free to decorate if you’d prefer! The sentiments are from the ENJOY LIFE and LABEL ME PRETTY stamp sets, punched with the PRETTY LABEL PUNCH, 1-1/4″ CIRCLE PUNCH and EVERYDAY LABEL PUNCH (on sale today only!). That scrummy ribbon is 3/8″ Mini Ruffled Ribbon in Tranquil Tide.
Want to make this yourself? YOU CAN!
Shop the supplies in my Stampin’ Up! store by clicking any image below.
Add my Rewards Code for all orders up to $150 (No code needed for $150+)
GOING, GOING, ALMOST GONE! Order by Friday
PLACING AN ORDER?
Reward yourself by pasting the code below in the HOST CODE box in your shopping cart for all orders up to $150 (no code needed $150+). You’ll be glad you did! Details HERE
You may also be interested in…
- ’12 Weeks of Christmas’ FREE Holiday Project Tutorials – Subscribe HERE
- Follow my PINTEREST boards
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel
I hope you have as much fun making these super easy and fun DIY notepad covers as I did! 🙂