Handmade Christmas Gift Tags
Want to create your own handmade Christmas gift tags this year? Today’s sweet country tag is quick and simple to make with the NOTHING SWEETER Stamp & Framelits Die Bundle. See why it’s one of my favorite bundles in the Holiday 2018 Catalog!
NOTHING SWEETER BUNDLE
The simple, yet bold, graphic die-cuts make these tags. And they’re sooo easy! One pass in the Big Shot machine will both cut and “stitch”. Aren’t they adorable?!
But let’s say you don’t want the stitching – no worries! They are actually two dies that nest in each other, so just omit the inside die and you can cut only (or vise-versa). This versatility creates tons of options when mixed with the stamp set! Plus, you save 10% when you buy them together in the bundle- wooHOO!
EASY DIY TAGS
The tag itself is super easy to create with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch. Cut your paper just shy of 2″ wide (and however long you want), insert and punch. Done! This is a must-have punch if you make tags!
To create these handmade Christmas gift tags at home:
- Cut Crumb Cake Cardstock 2″ x 4″; punch one end with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch
- Cut opposite corners with the corner rounder in the Detailed Trio Punch.
- Stamp sentiment with Early Espresso Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Die-cut images on the Big Shot machine; adhere with a Stampin’ Dimensional
- Cut 6″ piece of 5/8″ Striped Burlap Trim; insert in topper. Tie a bow around it with Whisper White Solid Baker’s Twine.
If you want to step them up, add stamped details, like you see on the tree below (with Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin’ Pad). Take it up another notch by adding Clear Epoxy Droplets as select “ornaments”, colored with the Dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blends marker. The round shape and clear epoxy makes them look just like miniature glass ball ornaments! The large frosted droplet looks great on the bow of the present, as well. They’re peel and stick, easy-peasy!
- Get 10 tags from one sheet of 8-1/2″ x 11″ Cardstock (2 wide by 5 high)
- Make all three die-cuts at one time on the Big Shot machine, repeating as many times as needed for the total tags you’re making
- I used Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler and Bermuda Bay Cardstock, but use what you have to coordinate with your own wrapping paper
- For numerous tags, use the Stamparatus for quick and easy repeat stamping
- Prefer a more modern look? Create tags from Gray Granite Cardstock with Berry Burst, Powder Pink and Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock die-cuts and Gray Granite 1/2″ Textured Weave Ribbon. You’ll be surprised at how different they look!
Need supplies to make today’s project?
Click any image to SHOP or find product details
You may also be interested in:
- October Rewards Code: TPJ23U62 (details HERE)
- STAMPARATUS SPECIAL OFFER – FREE Grid Paper! Now- Oct. 30th
- Stamparatus & Accessories Now Available! SHOP HERE
- ’12 Weeks of Christmas’ Exclusive Holiday Project Tutorials – Subscribe HERE
- Follow my PINTEREST Boards
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE Channel
Can I make a confession? I struggled with this design for hours, adding and changing things- never quite being happy. Part of it was I was tired and having an off day, but, mostly I just over complicated it. (Anyone?) The beauty is in the simplicity! Life lesson there, I think…
REMINDER: Tomorrow’s the last day to take advantage of my gift of free Grid Paper with the purchase of the Stamparatus. Just use Rewards Code TPJ23U62 and I’ll include it with your handmade gift. Place a $50+ order (before tax and shipping) and earn this months Reward Kit full of sample products, too!
Put on a Hallmark movie and enjoy creating these handmade Christmas gift tags for your family and friends. That’ll make all my design grief worthwhile! xxx tammy 🙂