Your cart is currently empty!
Halloween Birthday Card With A Fun Pun
Hi! Whether you have need of a Halloween birthday card or just a Halloween card, today’s design works. If you like a good pun as much as me, you’ll laugh at today’s birthday version! It’s also my entry in the current Festive Friday Challenge for Halloween cards or using the element black. Of course, there’s both! Here’s the Halloween version…
Halloween Birthday Card
For most people, October 31st means Halloween: trick-or-treat, costumes, candy and fun. In our family, it’s full of birthdays (mine included) and even a wedding anniversary. The funny thing is it’s on both sides of our family: mine and hubby’s – even on both my parent’s sides. I actually think it’s the most celebrated day of the year for us! Go figure 🙂
So for us, Halloween birthday cards rule the day, but, I realize that’s not true for -well, most others! If you want just a Halloween card, this works for both.
- For the birthday version it says “Happy BOO-thday”!
- For the Halloween version, it’s just “Happy BOO Day”!
- The ‘th’ (in birthday) is the only difference! Mask your choice with Post It Notes or Washi Tape. Want details on this technique? Find them HERE.
The Buffalo Check Background Stamp provides the perfect backdrop for the card. Black and orange do that! But pick other colors, and you’ll see how versatile it is for year-round use.
For this card, stamp it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock, then step it up to a plaid design with Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze Stampin’ Write Markers. A ruler is all you need to add the lines. Now it looks like a fall flannel shirt, don’t you think???
Buffalo Plaid Background Classic Rubber
Warm Hearted (“BOO”) Photopolymer
Picture Perfect Birthday (“Happy Birthday”) Photopolymer
NOTE: There’s also a similar size ‘Happy Birthday’ in Itty Bitty Greetings)
Memento Tuxedo Black
Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin’ Pad
REGALS Stampin’ Write Markers: Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze
Very Vanilla Note Card & Envelope
Very Vanilla Cardstock 1-3/4″ Circle
Basic Black Cardstock 2-3/4″ Square
6″ x 6″ REGALS Designer Series Paper 1″ x 4″
1-3/4″ Circle Punch
Colored Doilies (Color reverse side with Pumpkin Pie ink on Stampin’ Sponge)
SNAIL or Multipurpose Glue
Post It Notes or Washi Tape (for masking)
- Do you think it’s a winner? We’ll find out next week! Speaking of winners, I just got the email that my entry for the last challenge (see it HERE) was picked as a Favorite! woo-HOO! I really do get excited! Anyone can enter, so please join us!
- If you’d like some other Halloween Card (or cards with black) ideas, check out the other entries by clicking the image below.
- Want to see a few of my other Festive Friday Challenge winning entries? Find them HERE, HERE and HERE.
- HERE is another card using the WARM HEARTED stamp set
- See more birthday card ideas using the PICTURE PERFECT BIRTHDAY stamps HERE and HERE
- October Rewards Code: TPJ23U62 (details HERE)
- STAMPARATUS SPECIAL OFFER – FREE Grid Paper! Now- Oct. 30th
- Stamparatus & Accessories Now Available! SHOP HERE
- ’12 Weeks of Christmas’ Exclusive Holiday Project Tutorials – Subscribe HERE
- Follow my PINTEREST Boards
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE Channel
Need supplies to make this Halloween/ Halloween Birthday Card at home?
Click any image to SHOP or find product details
Halloween birthday card or just Halloween card- either way I hope you’re inspired to play and create one at home!