Happiness Abounds Card for Sympathy
Today’s card offers an alternative to the bright, cheerful colors we’ve been playing with all month in the Hues of Happiness Designer Paper and coordinating Happiness Abounds Stamp & Die Bundle (back in stock – grab it quick!)
For this project, we’re using the sheer characteristics of vellum, along with Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers to create a soft, floral focal point ideal for a sympathy card.
- Make an A2 card base with 8-1/2″ X 5-1/2″ Gray Granite Cardstock; score on long side at 4-1/4″
- Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ Gray Granite cardstock panel; emboss on Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine with Gingham Embossing Folder. Adhere to card front with glue/adhesive, centered.
- Prepare a scrap piece of Basic Black and Vellum cardstock with anti-static powder (from the upcoming Embossing Additions Tool Kit, available July 1,2022)
- With Stamparatus stamp positioning tool, stamp sentiment [Peaceful Moments] on Basic Black Cardstock and flowers & leaves [Happiness Abounds] on Vellum with Versamark Ink, sprinkle with Gold Embossing Powder [Metallics embossing Powders] and melt with Heat tool on 2 (high). Allow to cool.
- With Daffodil Delight and Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends Markers (light and dark), color flowers and leaves… the ink doesn’t soak into the paper, but rather sits on top so blending is very easy! Allow to dry, then brush Clear Wink of Stella on flowers (optional)
- Trim sentiment label with Stylish Shapes Dies; trim flowers with dies from Happiness Abounds Bundle. Cut an additional large flower from Gray Granite Cardstock.
- Wrap 40-42″ Gray Granite Baker’s Twine [Baker’s Twine Essentials Pack] around card three times and tie in bow. Adhere sentiment label with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Adhere smaller flowers and leaves with Mini Glue Dots. Adhere the large vellum flower over Gray Granite cardstock flower with a Mini Glue Dot in center and adhere to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Add Daffodil Delight Glossy Dot in the center of the large flower
- Finish inside of card, as desired… done!
Don’t miss this similar project also made with the Happiness Abounds Bundle
For more inspiration and free resources, SUBSCRIBE to the Stampin’ Savvy email newsletter
Want to make today’s project?
Click any link below to shop supplies for this project or find product details
Placing an order? Earn SAVVY SHOPPER REWARDS toward free products!