How To Dress Up A Plain Gift Bag with Stamps, Ink & Paper
Hi crafty friends! Today’s project is a personal favorite because it shows you how to use your stamps, ink and paper for something other than cards: gift packaging! We’re going to take a plain Kraft gift bag that you can get anywhere and dress it up… in minutes!
NOTE: I forgot one step in the video, so check out the photo below. It’s not necessary, but it does show you another easy option when layering the tag pieces. ENJOY!
If the video doesn’t play in your browser, watch it HERE.
- Designer Paper 2″ x 6″, cut with Triple Banner Punch at bottom only
- Balmy Blue Cardstock 2″ x 5-1/2″; punch top with Delightful Tag Topper Punch and bottom with Triple Banner Punch, snipped at angle (see photo below)
- Night of Navy Cardstock 1-1/2″ x 5-1/2″; punch top with Delightful Tag Topper Punch and bottom with Triple Banner Punch
- Whisper White Cardstock cut with second largest circle from Layering Circle Dies (2-5/8″) OR 2-1/2″ Circle Punch
- Baker’s Twine 50″ folded into fourths- do NOT cut ends
I forgot to show this step in the video. It’s just another option that provides a little more variety when layering. Simply follow the left angle of the Triple Banner Punch and snip upward… easy-peasy! 🙂
Like I mention in the video, it’s just as easy to decorate two bags as it is one. When done, simply fold up the tissue paper and tuck it inside the bag (along with the optional mini-card). It takes up hardly any room and then you’ve got a full gift ensemble ready to give when needed: just add the gift!
Like the matching Porthole Mini-Card? Find the tutorial HERE
Want to make this? You CAN!
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out….
- JUNE REWARDS CODE CHT4XWRW –Apply to HOST CODE BOX for all orders up to $149.99 (no code if $150+)
- EARN A FREE SHOPPING SPREE ON ME!
- FREE NEWSLETTER with PDF printable resources & tutorials, crafty tips & the latest Stampin’ Up! specials and news. Subscribe HERE
- NEW 2019-2020 ANNUAL CATALOG/IDEA BOOKS- They’re full of design inspiration, color ideas and more… use it like a reference book of FUN!
- SAVE 20-25% OFF Stampin’ Up! Details HERE
- NEW! SUITE SAVINGS on Coordinated Products
- CLEARANCE RACK deals up to 60% off
- PINTEREST Inspiration & Project Ideas
- YouTube Paper Crafting Video Tutorials
I’m sooo happy to be filming again! Hope you enjoy- and if you prefer videos over photo tutorials (or vice-versa), please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from you and your feedback is important. I’m here to serve, so don’t be shy about telling me what you like. Meanwhile, now that you know how to dress up a plain gift bag, grab your stamps, ink and paper and get crafting! ❤