Hi friends! This little ‘porthole’ card is sooo easy to make- and FUN! You’ll feel so accomplished and proud to give it away. No wonder it was the favorite of the day at our recent Paper Hugs Class, so I know you’ll love it, too!
With the new SAILING HOME Stamp Set and just a few supplies, it can be made in about 10 minutes and is perfect to attach to a gift for a favorite guy or nautical lover. Win-Win!
The Sailing Home Cling Mount Stamp Set is part of the Sailing Home Stamp & Die Bundle (that’s discounted!), or available individually. If you like coordinated products for easy project making, check out the COME SAIL AWAY SUITE!
The other essential is the Layering Circles 16-piece Die Set– a must-have! You will find yourself using it a LOT!
- OPTIONAL: A 2″ & 3″ Circle Punch could also be used, but the porthole will be a little larger, making your ‘window’ a little smaller.
- Using the largest Layering Circle Die, die-cut two 3″ circles from Whisper White Cardstock
- Score one circle 1/2″ in from edge and set aside (this will form the fold line where it will attach to the other circle and become the ‘inside’ of the card)
- Using the same die PLUS the circle die 2-steps down in size (2-1/8″), die-cut one circle from a Copper Foil Sheet (see photo below); set aside center circle for another project
- With a Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Pad, stamp small sailboat on Whisper White circle without score line
- Press a small Clear Block to corner of ink pad (this will become your palette). Pick up a little ink with a Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush and paint below sailboat to create water
- OPTIONAL: Repeat with a little ink from a Balmy Blue Classic Stampin’ Pad for a more realistic look and/or add a few wispy clouds (see photos below)
- SAVVY TIP: Wink of Stella allows you to create the look of watercolor- without water! The alcohol glitter base adds a little shimmer and can be used on regular Whisper White Cardstock- no need for specialty paper. When finished, simply wipe brush on scratch paper to remove color- good as new! Don’t want shimmer? Use a Blender Pen.
- Stamp seagulls
- Apply Multipurpose Glue or SNAIL Adhesive to small area above the score line on circle you set aside; attach stamped circle on top making sure to align your scene so that when the card opens at the fold line, your scene is straight
- Adhere Copper Foil “porthole” to front; add Metallic Pearls (I used gold) for rivets
- SAVVY TIP: Think of a clock-face and adhere at 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 & 11:00 for easy spacing
- Insert in a 3″ x 3″ Whisper White Mini Envelope
- The sentiment (photo above) is found in the DELIGHTFUL DAY Stamp & Punch Bundle
- Attach to a gift and make someone’s day by giving it away!
If you like this project, join me later this week for a QUICK & EASY way to decorate a plain, inexpensive gift bag to match… including custom tissue paper!
- Look for today’s card tutorial in PDF form in the next Newsletter
- Make sure to check out this DIY Lifebuoy Nautical Card (same supplies) and…
- Come Sail Away Suite Encouragement Card
❤ Thanks for hanging out with me today! ❤
Want to make this? You CAN!
Click any link below to SHOP supplies for this project or find product details
Apply the current Rewards Code when placing orders up to $150
EARN A FREE SHOPPING SPREE ON ME!
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out….
- JUNE REWARDS CODE CHT4XWRW –Apply to HOST CODE BOX for all orders up to $149.99 (no code if $150+)
- EARN A FREE SHOPPING SPREE ON ME!
- FREE NEWSLETTER with PDF printable resources & tutorials, crafty tips & the latest Stampin’ Up! specials and news. Subscribe HERE
- NEW 2019-2020 ANNUAL CATALOG/IDEA BOOKS- They’re full of design inspiration, color ideas and more… use it like a reference book of FUN!
- SAVE 20-25% OFF Stampin’ Up! Details HERE
- NEW! SUITE SAVINGS on Coordinated Products
- CLEARANCE RACK deals up to 60% off
- PINTEREST Inspiration & Project Ideas
- YouTube Paper Crafting Video Tutorials