Kids School Valentines Exchange Bookmarks
Perfect Kids DIY Craft
Need a last minute idea for your kids school valentines exchange? Bookmarks!
They’re the perfect kids DIY craft:
- quick & easy to make
- basic supplies
- ages 4 & up
- encourages reading
- fosters creativity
Party Pandas & Magical Day
I recently had a play date with my grand-daughters and their friend (ages 4-10) and they had a blast making these bookmarks for their school Valentines exchange. Kids are just naturally creative and not stuck with the adult “hangup of perfection”! They know how to have FUN and pride in their creations! A refreshing reminder….
Their fave stamps were the Sale-A-Bration set PARTY PANDAS and the Occasions set MAGICAL DAY. They mixed and matched to their hearts content! The table was filled with purple and pink unicorns, green dragons, black pandas, lots of happy mermaids, and a few knights and wizards. A great mix for both boys and girls!
You only need a few basic supplies, but feel free to add the options if you want to dress them up!
- Stampin’ Trimmer
- Basic Black Archival Ink Pad (or use what you have!)
- Whisper White Card Stock
- Crayons or Markers for coloring (optional)
- Scalloped Tag Topper Punch (optional)
- Banner Triple Punch (optional)
- Ribbon or Yarn (optional)
Not Just for Kids
Want to know the funniest part? The adults!… they wanted in on the action! After the kids had enough for their class, the adults asked if they could make some too… pretty, please? They had as much fun (if not more!) than the kiddos! So that just proves you don’t have to be young to love creating, in fact I think it’s part of what keeps us young-at-heart!
- Bookmark Size: 2-1/8″ (*or 2″) wide by 5-1/2″ long
- Cut card stock on long (11″) side @ 5.5″ and stack together
- Cut card stock on short (8-1/2″) side every 2-1/8″ (*if you plan to use either the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch or Banner Triple Punch, cut every 2″ with 1/2″ scrap)
- Pre-cut bookmarks
- Cut a few extras for mistakes (or you!)
- Be prepared to help them stamp, but let them lead. I expected the 4-year old to get tired and need help, but, no! She was a stampin’ machine that just wanted to keep going!
- My kiddos made 20-30 each in a couple hours, signed and ready to give!
What’s better than a handmade creation that was fun to make AND give?! I hope you enjoy making this kids school valentine exchange craft with your kids as much as I did with mine!
tammy xxx 🙂
There’s still time left to earn the PARTY PANDAS stamp set FREE with any $50 purchase!
Here’s the supply list for this project. Please use my rewards code for a free handmade gift from me!