Your cart is currently empty!
Masculine Valentines Card With Rustic Charm
Masculine Valentines Card
Need a masculine Valentines card that’s quick and easy to make… but, doesn’t look it? Pair the sweet sentiment from the Sure Do Love You stamp set with the Wood Textures Designer Paper and you’ve got a card full of rustic charm perfect for the man in your life.
Sure Do… Love YOU!
The Sure Do Love You stamp set from the new Occasions catalog was a must-have for me. My hubby and I have a game we play with our grand-kiddos. One of us says to a kiddo: “Sure do…” and they reply with “Love you!” And then I’ll say “NO! I love YOU!”… and round and round we go, giggling all the way! It’s the little things that make us happy!
The coordinating Lots To Love framelits dies are the the real hit of the bundle (IMHO)! The gift card slots are BRILLIANT! The banner die works for all kinds of sentiments- not just the ones in this stamp set. The box die is awesome and makes the most ADORABLE treat box, perfect for so many things- including the oh, so cute Narrow Note Cards! And hearts and leaf branches are versatile year-round. Best yet… save 10% when the stamps and dies are bundled! woo-HOO
Wood Textures DSP
We can thank the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (from the Annual Catalog) for giving this masculine Valentines card its rustic charm. So many great “wood” choices and not a splinter in sight! And my favorite way to use it? Stamp directly on it!
It was a favorite at our February Stampin’ Savvy class, also! The hardest part for them was choosing which wood design to use! See Laura’s beautiful finished card 🙂
The card recipe and supply list are below. Hope you enjoy making this masculine Valentines card for your own sweetie! Hopin’ mine doesn’t peek before Wednesday…
tammy 🙂 xxx
- A2 Top Fold Card Base in Heavyweight Whisper White card stock. 4.25″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5.5″
- Cut Wood Textures paper of choice slightly larger than 4.25″ x 5.5″. Adhere to front of card base with adhesive, taking care to include adhesive over the area where you’ll be die-cutting heart. Trim edges, if needed.
- Stamp leaf-print heart centered on top 2/3 of card front with chocolate chip ink, stamped off (stamp once on a scrap piece of paper, then stamp card WITHOUT re-inking).
- With the card open in the Big Shot machine, center large heart die in the center of the above stamped image and die-cut. (Save heart for envelope or other project)
- Stamp the solid heart through the cut-out on to the inside of the card in Sahara Sand ink.
- Stamp the sentiment as above with Night of Navy ink.
- Wrap Linen Thread around card front three times, securing through a button and tying into a bow.
- Stamp and sign the back of your card!
Click on any link below to shop supplies to make this card! Please use my rewards code for a free handmade “thank you” gift from me! PLUS, Sale-A-Bration rewards continue through March 31st for every $50 spent… no limit!