Your cart is currently empty!
Snowflake Showcase Cards: Two Is Better Than One!
The Snowflake Showcase Limited Release is here! Today’s Snowflake Showcase cards demonstrate the compatibility of the new HAPPINESS SURROUNDS and SNOW IS GLISTENING stamps sets with the SNOWFALL Thinlits Die set. They’re meant for each other!
SNOWFLAKE SHOWCASE CARDS – 2 Cards, 1 Design
Why make just one card, when a few extra steps can get you two! Gray Granite and Petal Pink are fresh and modern; they work for the holidays, a winter wedding, new baby girl or other winter celebration. By changing the sentiment, you’ve got a design that works for several occasions!
In the above photo, the large Gray Granite stamped image (and sentiment) are from the HAPPINESS SURROUNDS stamp set. The Petal Pink Cardstock snowflake was die-cut with the SNOWFALL Thinlits Dies. Notice how it’s designed to layer over the stamped image and peek-through! It’s such an easy way to add dimension, interest and an amazing focal point to the card!
For the holiday card above, I switched to a sentiment from the SNOW IS GLISTENING stamp set, added an additional die-cut snowflake from the SNOWFALL Thinlits Dies with Sparkle Glimmer Paper, all topped with a small Faceted Dot (in Grapefruit Grove). Again, notice how it layers perfectly over the two underlying pieces.
SNOWFLAKE SHOWCASE CARDS
PAPER (including cutting dimensions):
- Twinkle, Twinkle Designer Series Paper: Layer 1- 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″, Layer 2- 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock: Card Base 4-1/4″ x 11, scored and folded at 5-1/2″; Banner Layer 2-1/2″ or 2-3/4″ x 4″ (I did both widths by accident, so pick your preference 🙂
- Petal Pink and Gray Granite Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 5/8″+/- (cut 2 of each color; size height to sentiment); 2-1/2″ square piece of each color
- Sparkle Glimmer Paper 2″ square
ACCESSORIES: Snowfall Thinlits Dies, Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Faceted Dots, Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, SNAIL or Multipurpose Glue, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Bone Folder, Stampin’ Trimmer
- Stamp the sentiment on one of the two cardstock strips you cut. Apply the blank one under the banner. The stamped one goes on top, centered; trim off extra on each side. Apply banner with Dimensionals.
- Apply a Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet to the back of the cardstock before die-cutting snowflakes. It creates a sticker, just peel and stick! Oh, so easy
- Save the star center from each snowflake and swap colors
You may also be interested in…
- See the entire SNOWFLAKE SHOWCASE Limited Release HERE
- November Rewards Code: RQCF2J6M (details HERE)
- ’12 Weeks of Christmas’ FREE Holiday Project Tutorials – Subscribe HERE
- Follow my PINTEREST Boards
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE Channel
Need supplies to make these cards at home? Click any link in the Project Details above to shop or find product details. These Snowflake Showcase cards are quick and easy to make- and two is definitely better than one!