DIY Birthday Gift For Tea Lovers- Know a tea lover with a fall birthday? My sweet sister-in-law Barb and I share a few things in common- including a Halloween birthday and love of tea. So guess what she got for her birthday last week? Take a looksee….One of my favorite teas is called Ambrosia, from the San Francisco Herb Co. It’s a loose tea sold by the pound, delicious iced or hot. It’s also a favorite of Barb’s, so when I bought some recently, I knew I wanted to share it. Our Copper Tea Tins are adorable, but, unfortunately they didn’t fit my shipping box, so I had to come up with another solution.
Our 3″ x 6″ Gusseted Cellophane Bags are great for all-purpose gift packaging! They’re thick weight and gusseted, so they fit rather a lot, but when laid out, the contents can be spread flat- perfect for shipping! There’s so much you can do with these bags, though. Want to see another fun gift idea? Check out these cute treat holders with video tutorial. A Christmas version is coming soon!
COUNTRY LANE SUITE
The Country Home Stamp Set and Country Lane Designer Series Paper are my current go-to’s for fall occasions, including birthdays.
Did you notice the sentiment? A little simple masking takes it from “Happy HARVEST Blessings” (from the above Country Home stamp) to “Happy BIRTHDAY Blessings” (using the Beautiful Bouquet Stamp Set below… one of my all time fave sets). It’s easy to customize sentiments with Post-It Notes or Washi Tape!
There’s so many great fall patterns to choose from in the COUNTRY LANE Designer Series Paper, it’s easy to mix and match your favorites!
DIY BIRTHDAY GIFT FOR TEA LOVERS
Need supplies to make this project at home? Just click any of the product links in this tutorial.
- On Stampin’ Trimmer, Cut striped DSP 3-1/4″ wide (slightly wider than width of bag) x 3″; score at 1-1/2″, fold in half.
- Die-cut dotted DSP with Stitched Shapes Framelits Die on the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine
- Stamp sentiment on Thick Whisper White Cardstock with Old Olive and Blackberry Bliss Classic Stampin’ Pads (or other coordinating colors). Mask center with Post It Note or Washi Tape to customize sentiment (see how-to details HERE). Trim on Stampin’ Trimmer.
- Stamp flowers and pitcher on Thick Whisper White Cardstock. Color with Stampin’ Blends markers of choice. I used Mango Melody Combo, Old Olive Combo, Blackberry Bliss Combo, Soft Sea Foam Light and Cajun Craze Combo. Trim with Paper Snips Scissors; adhere to circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Fill 3″ x 6″ Gusseted Cellophane Bag with tea. Fold end over and seal with tape. Apply strong adhesive (Tear and Tape, Fast Fuse or equivalent) to inside of folded, stripe DSP and apply over the end of the bag. Adhere circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Attach sentiment with SNAIL Adhesive or Glue.
You may also be interested in…
- NEW! SHOP BY PROJECT -a simple way to make popular projects
- NEW! Dashing Along Designer Series Paper Available
- November Rewards Code: RQCF2J6M (details HERE)
- ’12 Weeks of Christmas’ FREE Holiday Project Tutorials – Subscribe HERE
- Follow my PINTEREST Boards
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE Channel
Hope you enjoy making this DIY birthday gift for tea lovers in your own circle of friends and family… it’s sure to be a hit!❤