Accented Blooms Card with a Peekaboo Hello
I’m so excited about today’s project! The Accented Blooms stamp set was one of the first to make my wish list when I saw the new 2018-2019 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. It’s fresh and modern- and works with simple stamping (like today) or colored with your favorite markers or ink. Plus, it coordinates with the very popular Tailored Tag Punch for quick and easy projects. Yeah for possibilities… including today’s Accented Blooms card with a fun twist!
The Crumb Cake stamped panel is 3-3/4″ x 5″. In order to know where to stamp, insert the cardstock in the punch centered left to right, until it hits the bottom. This notes the “throat” of the punch, so you don’t stamp too high. Lightly trace with a pencil (do NOT punch).
Now that you’ve established your stamp position, it’s time to stamp! I recommend the Stamparatus for this, especially with large stamps and fine lines. Notice the black “spacer” (below) I’ve used to to step it back from the edge. This allows your card to stay in a corner, but, not hit the hinges.
Next, pick your sentiment and stamp with the Granny Apple Green Classic Stampin’ Pad on Whisper White cardstock.
The Stamparatus is great for ensuring good coverage on solid stamps. I LOVE it for repeat stamping… exact placement is AWESOME! Boo-boos are rare with this gem since they can be easily fixed. 🙂
- Emboss the front of your card base (and envelope flap) with the Basket Weave Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder on your Big Shot machine
- Punch out your sentiment area from stamped panel using the Tailored Tag Punch
- Savvy Tip: Save your mistakes! This was left from a Christmas card gone wrong, but only you’ll know! (photo below)
- Turn over and place Stampin’ Dimensionals all over the back. Cut up and use the edge that runs around the outside, too- no waste! (see photo above)
- Insert your ribbon on the side, then remove the release paper from the Stampin’ Dimensionals around the punched area only, turn over and center over the sentiment.
- Remove the balance of the release paper from the remaining Stampin’ Dimensionals and attach panel to card base. Tie ribbon into a small bow, cutting tails as needed. That’s it!
So much texture and dimension, with a single pop of color… I love how it turned out! And so simple with the right tools. What do ya think???
Project List: Click any photo to purchase supplies
If you enjoyed today’s project, you may also be interested in…
- SAVE 10% on NEW Bundles HERE
- Join Paper Pumpkin and receive monthly project kits HERE
- NEW! Paper Pumpkin Storage tips with FREE Resources HERE
- Use Current Rewards Code for FREE Product Samples with every order
- Check out Clearance Rack $avings up to 70% off
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
Thanks for joining me today! I hope you like today’s Accented Blooms card as much as I do and add this stamp set to your wish list! I love your comments- please drop a line and say hi! Happy Stampin’!
xxx tammy 🙂