Bird Ballad Laser-Cut Cards Series – Card #1
Happy Monday! I’m sooo excited to finally be sharing these gorgeous BIRD BALLAD Laser-Cut Cards with you. I made these as a birthday gift for my step-mom Cathy and they turned out so beautiful I promptly ordered two more sets for additional gifts. You will LOVE them… whether you gift them or can’t let them go!
I’ll be sharing all twelve cards from the set, plus the decorated gift tin and a couple bonus projects over the next few weeks… giving you lots of ideas you can replicate at home.
WooHOO for one-stop shopping! Everything you need to make tons of gorgeous projects can be found in this BIRD BALLAD Suite, which includes these scrummy goodies:
- FREE AS A BIRD Stamps (10% off)
- STITCHED NESTED LABELS DIES(10% off)
- These are my #1 FAVORITE THING from the catalog… a must-have!
- BIRD BALLAD Designer Series Paper
- BIRD BALLAD Laser-Cut Cards & Tin
- 3/8″ Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim
- BIRD BALLAD Trinkets
Everything is available individually, but just go for the suite! You’ll enjoy the most versatility and value, which will make you smile… especially when you discover all you can do with it!
BIRD BALLAD Laser Cut Cards
Oh, these cards! The front has been laser-cut into this beautifully detailed pattern, creating a peek-a-boo effect. This means you can customize them to your heart’s content.
For the card’s I’ll be sharing today and tomorrow, I chose a monochromatic look by adhering a 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ panel of Very Vanilla Cardstock to the back of the laser-cut front. Start here before moving on to the other instructions. (Watch for my savvy tips later this week on the easiest (and cheapest) way to adhere intricate pieces. The same method can be used for these cards!)
- SAVVY TIP: Before adhering the above panel, snip out the center piece at the eight connection points. The main sentiment panel you’ll be adding hides the center of this laser-cut detail, so you’ll never know it’s missing. Save it for an upcoming bonus project I’ll be sharing. Two projects from one card: savvy!
Card #1 Tutorial
- Stamp the main image on Very Vanilla Cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Color with Stampin’ Blends markers of your choice;mychoicesare…
- Birds: Pool Party and Daffodil Delight Combos, with a little Wink of Stella Shimmer Brush on their tummy
- Tree Branch: Soft Suede and Old Olive Combos
- Flowers (and bird beaks): Petal Pink Combo
- Die-cut on your machine with a STITCHED NESTED LABEL die.
- Savvy Tip: Instead of using cardstock to layer behind it, color the edge with one of the markers used to color the birds (I used Pool Party Light). It creates definition while saving cardstock
- Stamp sentiment (I found it best to stamp this AFTER die-cutting for the best placement. The Stamparatus is ideal for mistake-proof stamping!
- Emboss with the SUBTLE 3D Embossing Folder (this is optional, but wait to see what a difference it makes when compared to tomorrow’s card)
- Adhere to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Stamp the larger flowers (on the left) on Very Vanilla Cardstock with same ink
- Color and trim with Paper Snips
- Adhere large flower with Glue; smaller flower with a Stampin’ Dimensional;
- Tie 4″ Lace Ribbon through a Trinket, loosely knot, trim ends as needed and adhere with a Mini-Glue Dot
- SAVVY TIP: Cut the end of the ribbon at a sharp angle to make it easier to feed through the hole of the Trinket
Join me tomorrow for card #2!
Want to make this? You CAN!
Time to redeem your Bonus Days Coupons earned in July! How-To HERE
Have a wish list $100 or more?
Order the ULTIMATE BUNDLE with August Bonus $200+ value for only $99
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out….
- WAYS TO SAVE…
- August Rewards Code XXYQNSXW–Copy & paste to HOST CODE BOX for all orders up to $149.99 (no code if $150+)… you’ll be glad!
- Earn Free Products from Tammy with current Rewards Code (above)
- Earn Free Products from Stampin’ Up!
- Redeem Bonus Day Coupons – August 1-31, 2019 / How-To Details HERE
- If you’re aiming to earn Reward Points, make sure your net product total (after discount and before tax & shipping = $50+ per point
- Ultimate Bundle Bonus in August -$200+ value for only $99
- FREE NEWSLETTER with PDF printable resources & tutorials, crafty tips & the latest Stampin’ Up! specials and news. Subscribe HERE
- SAVE 20-25% OFF Stampin’ Up! Details HERE
- NEW! SUITE SAVINGS on Coordinated Products
- CLEARANCE RACK deals up to 60% off
- PINTEREST Inspiration & Project Ideas
- YouTube Paper Crafting Video Tutorials
Aren’t these BIRD BALLAD Laser-Cut Cards stunning? Ready to get started?
Add the BIRD BALLAD Suite to your order this month and use the Bonus Day coupons you earned last month to SAVE!❤