Blended Seasons Card for Festive Friday Challenge
Happy Friday! You know those (rare) moments when all is right with the world and it’s game on? I had one of those with today’s Blended Seasons card project! I woke up with this card clear in my mind and executed it exactly as I’d pictured it! Perfect for the Festive Friday Challenge. Can I get a wooHOO?!!
The current challenge has two options: State Fair theme or use the color turquoise (I’ve used Stampin’ Up!’s Coastal Cabana). This project is the perfect opportunity to break in the new Watercolor Pencils Assortment #2 (part of the Color Your Season release). They coordinate perfectly with the existing Watercolor Pencils in the current Annual Catalog, giving you even more options to create depth and shading in your projects.
The flowers (below) are Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay, with a titch of Rich Razzleberry in the center. The leaves are Granny Apple and Garden Green, with hints of Balmy Blue for shading. Simply color like a kiddo, then add water with your AquaPainter– one color at a time. For instance, watercolor your flowers first, then let that dry before moving on to the leaves or centers. That’ll keep everything from running together and getting muddy. Embrace the organic, relax and have fun!
I adore the coordinating Stitched Seasons Framelits Dies (SAVE 10% when you bundle them with the stamps), but opted to use the Large Letter Framelits Dies because of the sentiment. After your coloring is complete and dry, it’s time to die cut them on your Big Shot machine. Lay your letter dies out, being careful to place them centered left-to-right and even at the top and bottom; cut. Adhere the main panel to the card base with Multipurpose Glue. I like to lay a large clear block on it for a few minutes to get good even adhesion (especially if the paper warped a bit).
Now it’s time for the Eclipse Technique: popping up the die-cut letters so just a hint of the card base shows through… like an eclipse of the sun and moon. The Foam Adhesive Strips make quick work of this (photo below). Place the letters back over the negative space- voila’!
The next step is to stamp your sentiment I JUST MISS (masking off the YOU with a Post It Note or removable tape, inking it and removing tape before stamping) with Versamark Ink and heat embossing with White Stampin’ Embossing Powder on a small piece of Basic Black Cardstock. Center on card and adhere with glue.
For the last step, I picked up some color on my AquaPainter from the Coastal Cabana Classic Stampin’ Pad and flicked it all over, after applying Post It Notes over the image to mask them. Set it aside to dry and your’e done! Easy-peasy, lemon-squeazy!
NEED SUPPLIES FOR TODAY’S PROJECT? Find the Supply List with shopping links for today’s BLENDED SEASONS card project at the end of this post.
Join the Festive Friday Challenge fun and submit your own project… or follow along for inspirational ideas.
Get the NEW Limited Edition BLENDED SEASONS stamps, coordinating STITCHED SEASONS Framelits dies and WATERCOLOR PENCILS Assortment #2 in the COLOR YOUR SEASON release. Available August 1-31, 2018 or while supplies last! Click the image below to SHOP
BONUS DAYS SAVINGS
During the month of August every $50 in product you purchase earns you a $5 coupon redeemable in September (with no minimum purchase required). Redeem it for anything in the catalog… including the NEW Fall-Winter Catalog coming Sept 5th! No limit, so stack ’em up!
- Make sure your product subtotal (BEFORE tax and shipping) meets the $50 incremental threshold.
Example: $99.99 in products only earns you 1 coupon. $100 earns you 2
- Get triple benefits for orders $150+ (it pays to save up & place one large order!)
- Earn $15+ in coupons (that’s 10% savings)
- Earn 10% in Stampin’ Rewards (includes access to Host Sets; redeemable immediately) – you’re now at 20% savings
- Earn Free Product Samples and handmade projects from me! (no code required)
- Get double benefits for orders <$150
- Earn $5 coupon for every $50 in products purchased
- Use my exclusive Rewards Code for FREE Product Samples & handmade projects from me!
JFM4QYJ7 >Copy & Paste into HOST CODE Box in Shopping Bag
- After each order, you’ll receive an email from Stampin’ Up! with a coupon code- MAKE SURE TO KEEP THAT EMAIL SAFE! You’ll need the coupon codes to redeem for credit in September and you’re the only that has them (SU! doesn’t keep them, nor are Demonstrator’s given copies, so it’s REALLY IMPORTANT you don’t delete them. There’s no way to recover them if they’re lost!)
If you like getting happy mail, now’s the time to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin, Stampin’ Up!’s monthly project kit of FUN! Sign up now through August 10th to get 50% off the August kit. wooHOO! Find more details HERE. Subscribe HERE.
More to check out…
- Save 10% on the NEW BLENDED SEASONS Bundle
- See more BLENDED SEASONS Card Projects HERE
- See another Large Letter Framelits Dies Project HERE
- Clearance Rack $avings up to 70% off
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
- SHOP HERE
Thanks for joining me today! Hope you have a great weekend, full of crafty fun like the techniques in today’s Blended Seasons card project! Happy stampin’!
xxx tammy 🙂
*** Product List for BLENDED SEASONS Card Project ***
Click any image to SHOP