Bloom and Grow Wreath Card with Stampin’ Blends Tips
The flowers are in full bloom… in my garden AND craft studio! Featuring the BLOOM & GROW stamp set… they make today’s wreath card “simply wonderful”!
The BLOOM & GROW Bundle is one of three favorite floral sets I’ll be showcasing this month. Look for lots of tips, ideas and project inspiration coming your way- like transforming a single image stamp into the wreath found on today’s card! We’re only using the stamps today, but I recommend the bundle for other projects I’ll be sharing. You’ll be glad you did!
- Save 10% now with Bundle Discount
- Earn 1 Rewards Point toward a free shopping spree from me
- Earn a $5 voucher (July only) for free or discounted products in August
BLOOM and GROW Wreath Card Tutorial
- Start with a 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock.
- Using a 2-1/2″- 2-3/4″ Layering Circle Die (or something similar) centered, trace the circle with a pencil.
- Use this as your guide to stamp the image three times. Overlapping a little is fine. If you have gaps, use the small individual stamps for filler!
- After the ink is dry, erase your pencil line and let the fun begin… coloring!
Confession! There are amazing artists who can can create just the right shadow or highlight to accurately reflect a light source, add incredible depth and texture -with markers. I’m not one of them. I wish I was, but… no. I’ve chosen instead to focus on enjoying coloring for the fun of it over worrying about getting it “right”! If you can relate, Stampin’ Blends markers are for you! They’re easy to use and with a few savvy tips you can have fun AND create beautiful projects! Best part: they’re color-matched to all our other products!
Savvy Tips for Stampin’ Blend Success
- Get the Combo Marker Pack- they’re two shades of the same color designed to work together. Lay down the majority of your color with your Light marker first, then use the Dark to add shadows. Go back with your Light marker to blend any harsh lines between the two. Know this isn’t absolute; some prefer to work the opposite direction. Do what you like best!
- An easy method of shadowing is to simply color along the lines of the stamp, like the petals on these stamps, for instance.
- Don’t completely color an image- leave a few small areas white. Nothing in nature is one solid color; look at a leaf or flower in sunlight to see what I mean.
- Use multiple colors to create interest. For example, look closely- you’ll see I added yellow to some of the leaves as well as the smaller flowers
- Use the Color Lifter to fix mistakes or add highlights. This baby is a must-have!
- If in doubt, add some bling! A little brush of clear Wink of Stella adds shimmer- and distracts! lol
- Die-cut panel with large die from the Stitched Rectangles die set
- Cut a sheet of Poppy Parade Cardstock in half, then crease in half to form an A2 Card Base
- Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Flirty Flamingo Cardstock
- Adhere layers to card
- Rub Embossing Buddy over the surface of a piece of scrap Poppy Parade Cardstock. Stamp sentiment with Versamark ink, sprinkle with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and melt with Heat Tool on Level 2. Trim; punch ends with Triple Banner Punch.
- Place SNAIL Adhesive on backside, about an inch in from each end. With Silver Metallic Thread, form a circle about 5 times, tacking into adhesive as you go. Adhere Stampin’ Dimensionals over the thread and apply to card front, centered
- Add several Woven Thread Sequins with a Fine Tip Glue Pen
- Optional: Stamp greeting inside card, watermark on back and decorate a Medium Whisper White Envelope
Need a wedding card instead? Simply swap the sentiment for “Forever Starts Today”.
Prefer different colors? No problem!
Multipurpose design? Indeed!
*** Look for the PDF printable tutorial in next week’s Newsletter ***
Want to make this? You CAN!
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out….
- WAYS TO SAVE:
- Earn Free Products from Tammy with current Rewards Code (below)
- Earn Free Products from Stampin’ Up!
- Bonus Days in July – Earn a $5 voucher for every $50* spent in July. Stack them for free products or savings in August! (*before tax & shipping)
- July Rewards Code TYFTBUDX –Apply to HOST CODE BOX for all orders up to $149.99 (no code if $150+)
- Join the Fun and get over $80 worth of freebies in July!
- FREE NEWSLETTER with PDF printable resources & tutorials, crafty tips & the latest Stampin’ Up! specials and news. Subscribe HERE
- NEW 2019-2020 ANNUAL CATALOG/IDEA BOOKS- They’re full of design inspiration, color ideas and more… use it like a reference book of FUN!
- SAVE 20-25% OFF Stampin’ Up! Details HERE
- NEW! SUITE SAVINGS on Coordinated Products
- CLEARANCE RACK deals up to 60% off
- PINTEREST Inspiration & Project Ideas
- YouTube Paper Crafting Video Tutorials
I hope you’ll add this bundle to your next order and create along with me this month. Making cards like today’s Bloom & Grow wreath card are sure to make you… and your recipient smile!