Hi stampin’ friends! So glad you’re back for our third day of Note Cards Week. If you missed the stunningly simple embossed noted cards from day 1 & 2, see Part 1 HERE and Part 2 HERE. Today I’m hoping to set your heart aflutter with three simple cards using the new BUTTERFLY GALA Stamp and Punch Bundle. They’re each a little different, so pick your favorite!
Some of the features I love about this bundle are:
- Four different butterfly designs in both large and small sizes
- Multiple color options with 2-step stamping or customized-coloring
- Butterfly stamps align perfectly with the punch for easy-peasy punching!
- Both the large and small butterfly are together for quick and easy stamping
- The antennae and body are separate, allowing them to be added as layers or after punching
- Five great sentiments in adorable mixed fonts -usable for a variety of occasions
#1- BUTTERFLY GALA CARDS
This card (above) is my personal favorite of the three. If you enjoy coloring, it might just be yours too! Choose from four different butterfly designs and color as much (or as little) as you want.
- Start with a Very Vanilla Note Card & Envelope
- Stamp butterflies and sentiment with Staz-On Jet Black Ink* or Archival Basic Black Ink (retired). Optional: Stamp envelope to match.
- Selectively color the wings with your favorite Stampin’ Write Markers. Shown is Coastal Cabana & Bermuda Bay (large butterflies) and Flirty Flamingo and Poppy Parade (small butterflies)- all are from the Brights Collection. Apply a little Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to large butterflies.
- Optional: Create a little butterfly “contrail” by adding dashed lines with Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker (close-up below)
- *Staz-On or Archival Ink is recommended with Stampin’ Write Markers, so as not to cause bleeding. Staz-On Cleaner is needed to remove Staz-On Ink (there’s a reason it has that name!). After removing the ink, it’s important to immediately remove Staz-On Cleaner with soap (like Dawn Dish Soap) & water. If it remains, it can harm photopolymer stamps. Follow these directions and you’ll be fine!
#2 – BUTTERFLY GALA CARDS
This card is similar to the first, but uses 2-step stamping instead of hand coloring.
- Start with a Whisper White Note Card & Envelope
- Stamp sentiment and butterflies with Basic Gray Classic Stampin’ Pad (Optional: Decorate envelope to match)
- With coordinating solid image stamp small butterfly with Lemon Lime Twist Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Stamp large butterfly with coordinating solid image stamps in Highland Heather ink (top part) and Gorgeous Grape ink (lower part).
- Optional: Add details to the top part of the wings with a Gorgeous Grape Stampin’ Write Marker. Add dashed lines with a Basic Gray Stampin’ Write Marker.
#3 – BUTTERFLY GALA CARDS
This card is the quickest to make of all three!
- Start with a Whisper White Note Card & Envelope
- Stamp butterfly and body with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock; punch with Duet Butterfly Punch (save small butterfly for another project)
- On Big Shot Machine, die-cut a Whisper White Cardstock circle with the second-smallest die from the Stitched Shapes Framelets Dies and Basic Black Cardstock with the next largest die from the Layering Circles Framelits Dies. (1-3/4″ & 2 Circle Punches could be substituted; they’re close in size)
- Adhere die-cuts on card with Multipurpose Glue or SNAIL Adhesive. Adhere butterfly in center only with same adhesive (this allows the wings to flap freely).
- Stamp antennae on circle and sentiment on card, below circle
Earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Item
Order these suggested items and earn a free Sale-A-Bration item. I recommend picking the Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper. It coordinates beautifully with this bundle- use the punch to cut out the DSP butterflies! Add the current Rewards Code for freebies from me, too!
Want another FREE Sale-A-Bration item? The Butterfly Elements make another great choice; they also coordinate with this bundle. Add these suggested items…
This bundle was a big hit at last weekend’s Paper Hugs Class. The Butterfly Gala cards were the first ones Molly & Bobbie made! Just look at those beautiful smiles 🙂
Earn TRIPLE Rewards in January
- Earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration item (stamps sets, Designer Paper, Ribbon, Card Kits & Framelits Dies) for every $50 or $100 in products you order. No limit: the more you order, the more you earn.
- Add the January Rewards Code DTGTTWRE to orders up to $150 (no code needed if $150+) and earn more freebies from Stampin’ Savvy.
- Earn an extra $25 Bonus on orders $250+ (no code needed- you still earn Stampin’ Savvy Rewards, but also earn Stampin’ Up! Rewards). However, if you have a BIG LIST…
- JOIN my team and take advantage of $225 value for only $99- with 20-25% off future orders! This is the BEST DEAL for avid crafters!
Click any of the links below….
EARN BONUS REWARDS for orders $250+
Rewards apply whether you’re a party of one or join with friends!
PLACING AN ORDER UNDER $150?
Reward yourself by pasting the code below in the HOST CODE box in your shopping cart
(no code needed $150+). You’ll be glad you did! Details HERE
We’re now on the downhill side of Note Cards Week, with two more projects still to follow. Join me tomorrow for a sweet card set with a little country charm. Meanwhile, enjoy these Butterfly Gala cards… they’re so much fun to make!❤