Create Mirror Images With Your Stamps Video Tutorial
Happy day, friends! Can I just say I adore this card? It was sooo fun to design and create. I know you’re going to love it too when you find out how easy it is to make. The best part is creating mirror images with your stamps… prepare to be giddy with delight! If this technique is new to you, be warned it’s a tad addicting. You’ll be looking at your stamp collection in a whole new way.
Before we start on the details for this wedding (or anniversary) card and finish with the video tutorial on mirror stamping, reminder that Bonus Days end next week. Take advantage of free or discounted goodies next month by placing your order before July 31st!
The idea for this card came from the single bird stamp in the FREE AS A BIRD Bundle. I pictured love-birds looking longingly into each other’s eyes. Okay, maybe that’s a bit dramatic, but sweet! lol
We’re using just the stamp set for this card, but definitely get the bundle (with the discount!)… those stitched nested dies are AWESOME! You’ll be seeing them in lots of projects next month.
Add the COUNTRY FLORAL 3D Embossing Folder (finally in stock!) for a gorgeous backdrop. It may be a little hard to tell, but the surface shimmers from a fine mist of Frost White Shimmer Paint… stunning in person!
- In a Stampin’ Spritzer, mix several drops Shimmer Paint in rubbing alcohol, shake and spritz lightly over the surface of a 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock before embossing in your die-cutting machine. This does double duty: 1) it softens the paper fibers to create a more distinct embossed impression and 2) adds a subtle shimmer that’s oh, so pretty!
The hearts forming the backdrop are from the BE MINE Stitched Dies … another great all-purpose set. The large heart on the card is die-cut from Coastal Cabana Cardstock; the other two hearts from Whisper White Cardstock.
The Silicone Craft Sheet does double duty today. Add a small puddle of Multipurpose Glue, then dab it on the back of the intricate heart die-cut with a small wedge of the Stampin’ Sponge. It’s a quick and inexpensive way to adhere intricate dies easily.
- Let the glue dry, then simply rub it off the Silicone Craft Sheet with your fingers… it will come right off!
Color as desired with your favorite Stampin’ Blends markers. I used Bermuda Bay, Pool Party and Pineapple Punch combo packs, with a titch of Pumpkin Pie on the beak. The flower is colored with Lovely Lipstick; all get a quick fussy-cut before adhering.
Are you ready to learn how to create mirror images with your stamps??? Have fun!
If you can’t watch this from your browser, find it on YouTube HERE.
Want to make this? You CAN!
Double Rewards! Earn $5 towards free or discounted products in August for every $50 you spend in July… no limit! PLUS, earn a handmade card AND Reward Point toward a free shopping spree from me, with this month’s code TYFTBUDX
Join Stampin’ Up! and get over $80 worth of freebies with your Starter Kit this month! Hobby stampers welcome… see all the reasons to join HERE, including 20-25% off future orders!
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out….
- WAYS TO SAVE:
- Earn Free Products from Tammy with current Rewards Code (below)
- Earn Free Products from Stampin’ Up!
- Bonus Days in July – Earn a $5 voucher for every $50* spent in July. Stack them for free products or savings in August! (*before tax & shipping)
- July Rewards Code TYFTBUDX –Apply to HOST CODE BOX for all orders up to $149.99 (no code if $150+)
- Join the Fun and get over $80 worth of freebies in July!
- FREE NEWSLETTER with PDF printable resources & tutorials, crafty tips & the latest Stampin’ Up! specials and news. Subscribe HERE
- NEW 2019-2020 ANNUAL CATALOG/IDEA BOOKS- They’re full of design inspiration, color ideas and more… use it like a reference book of FUN!
- SAVE 20-25% OFF Stampin’ Up! Details HERE
- NEW! SUITE SAVINGS on Coordinated Products
- CLEARANCE RACK deals up to 60% off
- PINTEREST Inspiration & Project Ideas
- YouTube Paper Crafting Video Tutorials
Is your mind spinning with ways to create mirror images with your stamps? If it excites you like it does me, give me a shout out below… I LOVE feedback from you. Have fun!