Your cart is currently empty!
Get More From Blends Markers with Bloom and Grow Card
Get More From Blends Markers with Bloom and Grow Card
Hi there… today’s all about getting more from your Stampin’ Blends Markers! I want to share a little color lesson with you that may bring back fond memories of kindergarten. I’m going to show you how 1+1=3… in colors, at least!
We’re going to take advantage of our color-matched products, add the BLOOM and GROW Stamp and Die Bundle with the wreath technique I shared a couple weeks ago to create a gorgeous card you’ll love to give to friends and family.
Isn’t this bundle adorable? It’s a personal fave that scores high on the savvy scale. Today’s card only uses one die (the scallop edge for a sweet accent), along with the stamp set.
- SAVE NOW with the BUNDLE DISCOUNT
- July 2019 Savvy Shoppers:
Before we get to the color lesson, here’s a few savvy tips when making the card…
- Use these color-matched products:
- Balmy Blue: Cardstock (A2 Card Base and sentiment panel) and Stampin’ Blends Markers Combo Pack
- Pineapple Punch: Cardstock (scallop accent), 1/8″ Grosgrain Ribbon and Stampin’ Blends Markers Combo Pack
- Basic Gray: Classic Stampin’ Pad for stamping flowers and background ‘hello’ (Balmy Blue ink could also work)
- Whisper White Cardstock Panel is 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- ‘Hello’ (in center) is stamped in Versamark ink, sprinkled with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and melted with the Heat Tool on setting 2. Die-cut with the sentiment label in the SAILING HOME Bundle; attach ribbon to back with SNAIL Adhesive and pop-up entire panel with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Create sparkling accents by applying a little glue from the Fine-Tip Glue Pen in the center of the large flowers and sprinkling Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter on top… so pretty!
- Just like embossing powder, do it over a clean scrap of paper and put your extra back in the jar… little goes a long way!
Remember mixing paints in kindergarten and discovering you could make other colors??? Well, it still works for all kinds of mediums, like Stampin’ Blends Markers. Start with two colors and end up with three (hence 1+1=3). Depending upon your mix, you can actually also create an endless number of shades.
Here’s a color lesson refresher:
- The 3 primary colors are Red, Blue and Yellow… which simply means you can’t make these colors. All other colors in the rainbow are a mixture of these three.
- To start a Stampin’ Blends Marker collection, I’d suggest Real Red, Balmy Blue and Pineapple Punch for primary colors. Make sure to get the Combo Pack, which includes a Light and Dark Shade for blending and shading
- Here’s the combinations for creating other colors…
- Red + Yellow = Orange
- Red + Blue = Violet/Purple
- Blue + Yellow = Green
See all those pretty green leaves on the card? That’s Pineapple Punch and Balmy Blue markers layered and blended together. Experiment with Dark Balmy Blue and Light Pineapple Punch. Or Dark Pineapple Punch and Light Balmy Blue. Or both Light shades… or both dark shades. It’s fun to see all the different looks you can create!
While I still recommend having a favorite green in your stash, this opens up the possibilities to create new shades and colors from the Blends you may already have. Savvy, right???? 🙂
BONUS – Stampin’ Write Markers
If you look hard, you may notice the ‘hello’ in the lower right of the card starts off a little darker than the rest? (It wasn’t completely dry when I photographed it). That’s because I got in a hurry and didn’t hold the block even, causing only part of the word to stamp. Of course, it was the LAST hello I stamped, as the ‘hello’s’ were an afterthought in my design (and I might have got a wee bit carried away)… so it was already colored and almost finished when I blooped. Argh!!!
What to do??? I grabbed my color-matched Stampin’ Write marker and fixed it in about ten seconds! I also got the wreath a little wonky, so I used the marker to create a little filler. Can you find it??? For a fun touch, I added a few dots while I was at it! Problems solved.
YAY FOR MARKERS! If you don’t have them, put them on your next order. You’ll be oh, so glad when the need arises (not to mention all the other fun things you can do with them).
Want to make this? You CAN!
Double Rewards! Earn $5 towards free or discounted products in August for every $50 you spend in July… no limit! PLUS, earn a handmade card AND Reward Point toward a free shopping spree from me, with this month’s code TYFTBUDX
Join Stampin’ Up! and get over $80 worth of freebies with your Starter Kit this month! Hobby stampers welcome… see all the reasons to join HERE, including 20-25% off future orders!
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out….
- WAYS TO SAVE:
- Earn Free Products from Tammy with current Rewards Code (below)
- Earn Free Products from Stampin’ Up!
- Bonus Days in July – Earn a $5 voucher for every $50* spent in July. Stack them for free products or savings in August! (*before tax & shipping)
- July Rewards Code TYFTBUDX –Apply to HOST CODE BOX for all orders up to $149.99 (no code if $150+)
- Join the Fun and get over $80 worth of freebies in July!
- FREE NEWSLETTER with PDF printable resources & tutorials, crafty tips & the latest Stampin’ Up! specials and news. Subscribe HERE
- NEW 2019-2020 ANNUAL CATALOG/IDEA BOOKS- They’re full of design inspiration, color ideas and more… use it like a reference book of FUN!
- SAVE 20-25% OFF Stampin’ Up! Details HERE
- NEW! SUITE SAVINGS on Coordinated Products
- CLEARANCE RACK deals up to 60% off
- PINTEREST Inspiration & Project Ideas
- YouTube Paper Crafting Video Tutorials
Are you ready to start mixing colors? Grab your Blends and have lots of fun. This Bloom & Grow card is the perfect way to start!❤