Inlay Technique with Medium Daisy Punch
Hi there! I’ve got another fun technique for you today I’m calling the Inlay Technique. Featuring the new Medium Daisy Punch… it’s the little sister to the original Daisy Punch (used for last week’s Positive-Negative Technique. Use your favorite color-matched products and sentiment to make this quick and easy card that works for multiple occasions!
BUNDLE & SAVE when you buy the Medium Daisy Punch
with the coordinating DAISY LANE Stamp set (not used today).
Today’s card design is a two-for-one special that works in both portrait and landscape orientations!
You’ll want the following color-matched products:
- Three color-coordinated papers with a matching Classic Stampin’ Pad
- I used:
- 1 Sheet of Purple Posy Cardstock to make 2 card bases
- Gorgeous Grape Cardstock (from the Brights Cardstock Pack) – cut 2″ x 5-1/2″
- Brights 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper (Gorgeous Grape) -cut 2″ x 5-1/2″
- Gorgeous Grape Classic Stampin’ Pad (from Brights Assortment)
You can punch out the the three daisies by eye or follow my measurements above.
Set aside the punched flowers and prepare to insert them in the opposite paper (swap them). Inlaying them gives your card a custom-fit feel over simply laying them on top.
Multipurpose Glue is my adhesive of choice. You’ll want to apply it around each daisy petal in the panel and on each flower petal so everything is secure to the card base.
Popping a large Clear Block (‘I’ size is perfect) on top of the panel after it’s been glued helps even the pressure and insure it dries well and flat.
There’s so much textural variety to be found in the LACE 3D Embossing Folder, it’s a great choice! I’m happy to report it’s finally back in stock and available to order.
See the photos (above & below) for where to place the circles in the folder to achieve the different looks found on each card.
Last, but not least: Pop your card in the Stamparatus and add your sentiment.
It’s my go-to tool for mistake-free stamping!
Stamp sentiments with a color-matched Gorgeous Grape Classic Stampin’ Pad
- “How Beautiful A Day Can Be…” is found in the ENJOY LIFE Photopolymer Stamp Set
- “Just A Little Note To Say Hello” is in the A LITTLE LACE Stamp Set
There you go… two adorable cards created in minutes!
Mix and match colors to your hearts delight❤
Want to make this? You CAN!
Double Rewards! Earn $5 towards free or discounted products in August for every $50 you spend in July… no limit! PLUS, earn a Reward Point toward a free shopping spree from me, with this month’s code TYFTBUDX
Join Stampin’ Up! and get over $80 worth of freebies with your Starter Kit this month! Hobby stampers welcome… see all the reasons to join HERE, including 20-25% off future orders!
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out….
- WAYS TO SAVE:
- Earn Free Products from Tammy with current Rewards Code (below)
- Earn Free Products from Stampin’ Up!
- Bonus Days in July – Earn a $5 voucher for every $50* spent in July. Stack them for free products or savings in August! (*before tax & shipping)
- July Rewards Code TYFTBUDX –Apply to HOST CODE BOX for all orders up to $149.99 (no code if $150+)
- Join the Fun and get over $80 worth of freebies in July!
- FREE NEWSLETTER with PDF printable resources & tutorials, crafty tips & the latest Stampin’ Up! specials and news. Subscribe HERE
- NEW 2019-2020 ANNUAL CATALOG/IDEA BOOKS- They’re full of design inspiration, color ideas and more… use it like a reference book of FUN!
- SAVE 20-25% OFF Stampin’ Up! Details HERE
- NEW! SUITE SAVINGS on Coordinated Products
- CLEARANCE RACK deals up to 60% off
- PINTEREST Inspiration & Project Ideas
- YouTube Paper Crafting Video Tutorials
Have fun playing with this Inlay Technique! It works with both punches and dies and looks even better in person. It’s fun to rub your fingers over the inlay and smile at the effect.
I do tend to get ridiculously excited over simple stamps, ink and paper… handmade happiness indeed! Anyone else???