Easy-To-Make Nautical Card for Father’s Day, Birthdays & More
Hi crafty friends! I’ve got an easy-to-make nautical card for you today that works for multiple occasions. With a simple greeting switch, you can give it for Father’s Day, birthdays, retirement and thank you’s! It’s actually a two-for-one design (wooHOO!) that’s ideal for men, who truth be told, can be a bit difficult to create handmade cards for. Winner-winner, chicken-dinner as my grands say?
NEW! SAILING HOME BUNDLE
Make sure to grab the new SAILING HOME stamp and die bundle. It’s fabulous for masculine cards… as you’ll be seeing this next week. We played with this suite at my local Paper Hugs Class last weekend and created several projects I’ll be sharing with you.
- Check out the entire Suite of coordinated products bundled into one easy-to-order item!
- SAVE 10% NOW on the Stamps & Dies BUNDLE or…
- Order the Sailing Home Stamps only
Now add ITTY BITTY GREETINGS… the ultimate stamp set for year-round sentiments. It’s got what you need to cover several occasions: “World’s Best Father”, “With Gratitude”, “Happy Day”, “Enjoy Your Retirement” and “Congratulations” all would be great for this card.
Now to the really fun part…. creating the lifebouy! It’s uber-easy with the Layering Circle Dies. These are a set of all-purpose dies that work for oh, so many things. For instance next week, I’ll show you how to use this same technique to create a porthole mini-card that is super-cool! If you don’t have these yet, add them to your next order so you can create along with me.
- Fun Fact: A lifebuoy (or Life Preserver) is technically known as a “kisby ring” or “perry buoy”
- Create two A2 card bases from Night of Navy cardstock. Cut two 5-1/4″ x 4″ pieces of Whisper White Cardstock for the inside (yep- you’re making two cards at once!)
- Randomly stamp the anchor with a Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Pad on card fronts
- Stamp greeting (from Itty Bitty Greetings) on two scrap pieces of Real Red Cardstock, die-cut with banner die, set aside to add at the end
- Die-cut a scrap piece of Real Red and Whisper White Cardstock with the 2-1/8″ and 1-3/8″ dies, centered together (see photo below); die-cut a second white ring (use the outer rings and save the inner circles for another project)
- With scissors, snip the red ring four times; this will give you 8 pieces
- Adhere four red pieces to each white ring (per photo)
- From the back of the white ring, apply a little SNAIL at each of the places where the red is; string a piece of Nature’s Twine in Crumb Cake around the lifebuoy, tacking it in place on the SNAIL. Add Mini Dimensionals and adhere to card. Add sentiment banner across center of lifebuoy with Mini Dimensionals. (NOTE: I used regular Dimensionals on my card, but if you look close, you can see them- not ideal; either use Mini’s or cut regulars in half)
- Stamp your watermark on the back, sign and now… make someone’s day and give it away!
Want to make this? You CAN!
Click any link below to SHOP supplies for this project or find product details
Apply the current Rewards Code when placing orders up to $150
EARN A FREE SHOPPING SPREE ON ME!
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out….
- JUNE REWARDS CODE CHT4XWRW –Apply to HOST CODE BOX for all orders up to $149.99 (no code if $150+)
- EARN A FREE SHOPPING SPREE ON ME!
- FREE NEWSLETTER with PDF printable resources & tutorials, crafty tips & the latest Stampin’ Up! specials and news. Subscribe HERE
- NEW 2019-2020 ANNUAL CATALOG/IDEA BOOKS- They’re full of design inspiration, color ideas and more… use it like a reference book of FUN!
- SAVE 20-25% OFF Stampin’ Up! Details HERE
- NEW! SUITE SAVINGS on Coordinated Products
- CLEARANCE RACK deals up to 60% off
- PINTEREST Inspiration & Project Ideas
- YouTube Paper Crafting Video Tutorials
Thanks for joining me for today’s easy-to-make nautical card. Hope it inspires you to make two of your own at home. Father’s Day is Sunday… a great place to start!