For Father’s Day: Mens Gift Card Holder With Video Tutorial
So glad you’re here for today’s fun-fold project, just in time for Father’s Day: a mens gift card holder that looks like a shirt! It’s quick, easy and fun to make with your favorite 12″ Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Paper and a few basic tools. Just the ticket if you need a last minute gift (I won’t tell)!
Inspired by an origami design I saw several years ago on the Stetler Arts blog, I adapted it to a size that holds a gift card and is mail-able (or give-able) in Stampin’ Up!’s medium envelopes. It’s such a unique way to present money or a gift card to a guy!
This project is simple to make, but, a bit difficult to write out. So I encourage you to watch the video first. Supply list and measurements follow…
- 6″ x 12″ Designer Series Paper
- Stampin’ Trimmer
- Bone Folder
- Glue Dots
- 3 Buttons
- Medium Envelope
Instructions: I recommend watching the short video first; the instructions will make a lot more sense!
- Score on SHORT side @ 4-1/2″ and 1-1/2″ (that’s 1-1/2″ in from each edge on 6″ side)
- Score on LONG side @ 4″, 5-1/4″ and 6-1/2″; then 3/4″ from end
- On opposite end from 3/4″ score line above, mark with pencil 2-1/4″ from end on long side; score from this mark diagonally to long score line (see photo). Repeat on other side. This forms the sleeves.
- Fold long score lines in first, then diagonals, then 4″, 5-1/4 and 6-1/2″ lines, with center crease folded in the opposite direction (to look like a “M”). Fold back 3/4″ crease.
- At top (3/4″ crease) mark from center out 1/2″ on both sides; on long side mark 2″ down each side. Score several times on each side diagonally. Fold in and apply glue dot to adhere. Apply glue dots to hold down sleeves.
- Cut oval with largest die from Stitched Shapes Framelits and stamp sentiment of choice. Adhere with SNAIL.
- Close and adhere buttons to front with glue dots.
- Sign, enclose money or gift card, insert in medium envelope and make someone’s day by giving it away! Handmade Happiness 🙂
Project List: Click any photo to purchase Stampin’ Up! Supplies!
If you enjoyed today’s project, be sure to check out…
- Shop All Designer Series Paper HERE
- SAVE 10% on NEW Bundles HERE
- Join Paper Pumpkin and receive monthly project kits HERE
- Why I Love (and recommend!) Paper Pumpkin HERE
- Use Current Rewards Code for FREE Product Samples with every order
- Check out Clearance Rack $avings up to 70% off
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
Thanks for joining me today for this fun mens gift card holder. Hope it inspires you
to make one for a special guy in your life! Happy Stampin’!
xxx tammy 🙂