Your cart is currently empty!
Retiring Rose Wonder Wedding Card with No Fuss Coloring
ROSE WONDER Wedding Card
Happy Monday! After a wonderful visit from my parents, I’m back in my studio to share one more card featuring the retiring stamp set ‘Rose Wonder’. It’s my go-to set for sentiments, but today we’re showcasing the main stamp image- THE ROSE! Perfect for upcoming summer weddings! Introducing the hard-to-photograph-but-easy-to-make Rose Wonder wedding card in Flirty Flamingo…
While it’s hard to capture the true beauty of this card on camera, it’s easy to make. A single stamp with Versamark ink on vellum is all it takes. Sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat set. Then flip it over; all the coloring is done from the back! No fussing with staying in the lines of all those petals. Just use the embossing as your shading guide- it’s easy to see through the vellum. You’re welcome 🙂
Stampin’ Write Markers are the perfect coloring tool for this. On vellum, they blend almost like the Stampin’ Blend Markers but have the versatility to also be used to fix stamping boo-boos and do multi-colored stamped images. They come in super handy!
LAST CHANCE to get Stampin’ Write Markers in the current color collections! Available while supplies last or until May 31, 2018!
- 2016-2018 In Color Stampin’ Write Markers
- Subtles Collection Stampin’ Write Markers
Brights Collection Stampin’ Write MarkersSOLD OUT!
- Regals Collection Stampin’ Write Markers
- Neutrals Collection Stampin’ Write Markers
- Use the Embossing Buddy over the surface of the vellum before stamping. It helps to keep the embossing powder from sticking where you don’t want it!
- Let your Heat Tool run for 30 seconds or so before you start to melt the embossing powder. Hold the Heat Tool a few inches from the vellum and keep it moving. Look for the powder to become shiny and you’ll know it’s done. The transformation is magical 🙂
- Select 3 shades of a similar color for shading. I used Blushing Bride (lightest), Flirty Flamingo (medium) and Calypso Coral (darkest). Pear Pizzazz and Emerald Envy were used for the leaves.
- If you get a bit overzealous with the Stampin’ Write Markers and go outside the outer profile, just use a Q-tip moistened with water to remove any extra ink. Ask me how I know 🙂
- Use Glue Dots applied behind the colored image to adhere the vellum to the card base- you’ll never see them! I have one behind the top right leaf, bottom right part of rose and lower left leaf. The top left corner is hidden behind the sentiment.
- The sentiment is stamped, then punched with the Everyday Labels Punch– turned sideways! Adhere to card, then use card as guide to cut off excess.
- Apply Wink of Stella last, after the entire card is completed.
Accessorize your card by decorating the inside panel and envelope. The Petal Pair Textured Impressions Embossing Folder was used to emboss the envelope flap. The floral images pair nicely with the rose theme of the card.
The leaves on the inside were stamped first on scrap paper, then repeat stamped from that single inking on each side of the greeting panel. This is known as “stamping off” and is a technique used when you want your stamping to be less a focal point with a more faded look.
If you’re looking for a really versatile set with sentiments for several ocasions, I highly recommend you snag this one before it disappears! It’s on the LAST CHANCE list and only guaranteed to be available until May 25th! See a masculine birthday card I made with it HERE.
50% OFF Paper Pumpkin
There’s still three days left to take advantage of the Paper Pumpkin special! Get your first two-months subscription for 50% off! Don’t know what Paper Pumpkin is, check it out HERE. [It’s FUN, that’s what it is!] Lots of other specials going, too- they’re listed below along with the supply list for this card!
Have fun making this Rose Wonder Wedding card to coordinate with any wedding colors. You’ll soon have 53 to choose from! Until Wednesday…
xxx tammy 🙂
Save 10% on the NEW 2018-2020 In Colors Classic Stampin’ Pad Bundle!
Use Host Code X62RG23J and get a set of matching card bases free from me!
SHARE WHAT YOU LOVE BUNDLES May 1-31st (see a full post on them HERE)
FREEBIES FROM ME
Purchase any of the following bundles May 1- 25, 2018 and get exclusive FREE gifts from me!
- In Color 2018-2020 Ink Pad Collection – Set of Matching Card Bases
SHARE WHAT YOU LOVE …
- BUNDLE #1 ‘Just Getting Started’ – A goodie bag of retired or retiring products.
- BUNDLE #2 ‘A Little More, Please’ – Same as Bundle #1 PLUS samples of new upcoming products not yet released.
- BUNDLE #3 ‘I Gotta Have It All’ – Same as Bundle #2 PLUS a Designers Palette of cardstock samples containing all 53 Stampin’ Up! colors!
NOT SO FINE PRINT
- Host Code X62RG23J required for all orders under $150
- Orders $150+ No Host Code required! You qualify for 10% rewards bonus from Stampin’ Up! PLUS all my gifts
- Add to your order and I’ll add an additional handmade gift
- Sampler packages of retired/retiring and new products will be mailed from me no later than the first week of June for all orders placed in May (no limit)
Shop supplies to make this card by clicking any image! Use my Rewards Code for freebies from me!