Your cart is currently empty!
Stamping with Markers to Create Sweet and Simple Notecards
Stamping With Markers to Create Sweet & Simple Note Cards
Happy Wednesday! It feels like summer has arrived early in southern California with yesterday’s high of 90°. I’m not quite ready for this heat, but one perk of the warm weather is the fresh strawberries we’ve been enjoying from our local farmer’s market (YUM!) – the inspiration for today’s card! I’ve coupled that with one of my favorite stamping techniques- stamping with markers -to create these sweet and simple note cards. Not a single ink pad was used!
IDEAL GIFT SETS
I’ve paired the retiring ‘Tutti Frutti’ Designer Series Paper (a recommend from the LAST CHANCE list!) with a NEW stamp set called ”Detailed With Love’ (so adorable!) that’s coming in the 2018-2019 Stampin’ Up! Idea Book & Catalog starting June 1st (just a few short weeks away!). Doesn’t this “sweet” sentiment (pun intended!) pair perfectly with this fun paper???
The top card is made with a 3″ x 3″ piece of DSP, layered over a 3-1/8″ x 3-1/8″ piece of Real Red Cardstock from the coordinating Tutti-Frutti Cardstock Pack. The sentiment was stamped with markers (Real Red & Night of Navy) and die cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits on my Big Shot machine. Both the DSP layer and sentiment are popped up with Stampin’ Dimenionals onto Whisper White Note Cards.
Couldn’t be easier and you can make four cards from a single sheet of 6″ x 6″ DSP! Plus, there’s so many fruity choices to pick from in the Tutti-Frutti DSP pack, you could literally make tons of cards and give them as gift sets or build up your own personal stash. Well, why not both?!
STAMPING WITH MARKERS
To create a multi-colored stamped image using Stampin’ Write markers, color directly on the stamp with the side of the brush tip, using a light touch that glides over the surface of the stamp. After it’s all colored, hold the stamp close to your open mouth and huff on it a time or two, then immediately stamp. The moisture on your breath will help you to get a better inked image!
Stampin’ Write Markers make this technique easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy, but, there’s also soooooo many other things you can do with them. Not only are they super handy and versatile, they’re an inexpensive way to get more from your stamping experience!
- Create multi-colored stamped images (like the sentiment on today’s cards)
- Fix poorly inked stamped images (probably my fave use!) lol 🙂
- Color features on or add accents to stamped images
- Create simple plaid, stripes, or dotted backgrounds
- Watercolor and Faux-Watercolor Techniques
- Perfect for creative Hand Lettering
- Color Matched to ink pads, cardstock, DSP, ribbon and embellishments
- Available in all 50 colors, plus Basic Black
- Dual tipped- Fine tip for writing, Brush tip for coloring & lettering
LAST CHANCE ITEMS!
If you want to pair the Tutti Frutti DSP with the same sentiment I used, you’ll need to grab the paper NOW! Pair it with the coordinating 24-sheet cardstock pack (6 sheets each of Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist & Thick Whisper White) for oodles of creative fun. Then patiently wait for June 1st to order the stamp set (or sign up as a Demonstrator and add it to your Starter Kit NOW! Feel free to email me if you have any ? at StampinSavvy@yahoo.com).
With the major color revamp coming, all exisiting Stampin’ Write Marker Collections are retiring. These are HOT commodities already showing low inventory, so I encourage you to act fast! Once the retiring colors (and collections) are sold out, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET THEM ANY LONGER!
NEW COLORS REVEALING FRIDAY
So, how’s the weather in your corner of the world? I’d love to hear from you! If you’re not feeling the summer vibe yet, I hope our warmth has inspired you to enjoy some frutti-tutti fun in your craft room and try stamping with markers for yourself. It really is easy with such colorful results!
Don’t miss the Paper Pumpkin 50% off special that ends tomorrow. Lots of items on the LAST CHANCE list were just discounted yesterday- check them out! So many specials right now- links are below.
See you Friday when I’ll be back to reveal the 21 new Stampin’ Up! colors being added and introduce the re-vamped Color Collections coming soon!
xxx tammy 🙂
NEW ‘Share What You Love’ & 2018-2020 In Color Ink Pad Bundles
ON SPECIAL May 1- 31, 2018 – Click any pic to shop 🙂
FREEBIES FROM ME
Purchase any of the following bundles May 1- 25, 2018 and get exclusive FREE gifts from me!
- In Color 2018-2020 Ink Pad Collection – Set of Matching Card Bases
‘SHARE WHAT YOU LOVE’
- ‘Just Getting Started’ Bundle – A goodie bag of retired or retiring products.
- ‘A Little More, Please’ Bundle – Same as Bundle #1 PLUS samples of new upcoming products not yet released.
- ‘I Gotta Have It All’ Bundle – Same as Bundle #2 PLUS a Designers Palette of cardstock samples containing all 53 Stampin’ Up! colors!
NOT SO FINE PRINT
- Host Code X62RG23J required for all orders under $150
- Orders $150+ No Host Code required! You qualify for 10% rewards bonus from Stampin’ Up! PLUS all my gifts
- Add to your order and I’ll add an additional handmade gift
- Sampler packages of retired/retiring and new products will be mailed from me no later than the first week of June for all orders placed in May (no limit)