Your cart is currently empty!
Stamping With Shimmer Paint: Beautiful Blizzard Mini Cards
Stamping with Shimmer Paint is so easy & fun! See for yourself in today’s tutorial using the new Beautiful Blizzard Bundle by Stampin’ Up!
Before we get to that, don’t miss the FLASH SALE starting today! $5 October Paper Pumpkin Kit for new subscribers! Subscribe HERE
The Beautiful Blizzard Bundle consists of this fun 11-piece Classic Red Rubber Stamp Set and coordinating Thinlits Die. The stamp set has several pieces designed to layer together to create a brrrrrrrrrrright snowy scene, like you see in today’s cards.
The Blizzard Thinlits Die is a single piece that allows you to cut out numerous snowflakes of various sizes all at once- brrrrrrrrrrrrilliant! It also looks fab embossed with the Big Shot Embossing Mats, but that’s for another day. 🙂
- SAVE 10% on the BEAUTIFUL BLIZZARD Bundle
How to Stamp with Shimmer Paint
- Select your favorite Shimmer Paint (there’s 4 to choose from) and a Sponge Dauber
- Shake well and dab Sponge Dauber in the open lid (no mess!)
- Pounce paint onto stamp and yep, stamp like normal… easy-peasy!
- Shimmer Paint is water based, so it cleans off easily. I suggest washing it under a faucet when you’re all done. In this instance, I don’t recommend using the Simply Shammy to clean your stamp, as the shimmer can get embedded – and then you’d have a shimmer shammy. lol
- 3″ x 3″ Card Bases in Coastal Cabana Cardstock
- Ink the ‘swirl’ stamp with Coastal Cabana Classic Stampin’ Pad, stamp off then stamp on card
- Use Whisper White Craft Stampin’ Pad to ink the large ‘background’ and ‘snow dots’ stamps
- Apply Bright Copper Shimmer Paint to snowflake stamp; stamp on card
- Die-cut all the snowflakes in one pass of the Big Shot machine with Joyous Noel Glimmer Paper (copper)
- Embellish with the Tea Room Ribbon (Combo Pack) in Coastal Cabana & Copper
- Stamp sentiments with Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin’ Pad
- SEASONS GREETINGS Card: Sentiment stamped on Bermuda Bay Cardstock with 1/2″ Lace Trim
- Do the stamping on all cards at once
- For best die-cut results, use the Big Shot Precision Base Plate
- The Big Shot Die Brush makes quick work of removing the snowflakes
- Adhere the snowflakes in a few different ways: apply Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets to the back of the Glimmer Paper (peel and stick is super-easy); apply a Glue Dot in the center (it works in this case as the ribbon (or sentiment) covers the center opening; use the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to apply small dots in the largest areas.
- Decorate Whisper White 3″ x 3″ Envelopes with 6″ x 6″ Brights Designer Series Paper
- Gift a set in a Mini Pizza Box (they’ll hold about 5 cards & envelopes)
Supply List for Shimmer Paint
& Beautiful Blizzard Mini Cards
Click any image to SHOP of find further details
You may also be interested in…
- Paper Pumpkin $5 FLASH SALE Subscribe HERE – apply Code: FLASH1018
- October Rewards Code: TPJ23U62 (details HERE)
- Stamparatus Accessories Now Available! SHOP HERE
- ’12 Weeks of Christmas’ Stampin’ Savvy Newsletter – Subscribe HERE
- Follow my PINTEREST Boards
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE Channel
Order the Shimmer Paint and Beautiful Blizzard Bundle today… and expect a wonderful winter brrrrrrrrreeze full of snowflakes to fill your craft space in months to come!