Tropical Escape Cards
Ready for a little Tropical Escape? If you can’t get away to dip your toes in the sand, how about a little trip to your craft area to create some Tropical Escape cards made with Stampin’ Up!’s Tropical Escape 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper and the oh, so fun Tropical Chic stamp set. One design- three examples. Did I mention they’re simply lovely? As in Simple to make. Lovely to give. And no sand to clean up!
The first example (above) is my non-traditional take on tropical! Who else likes pink and black?? We made this at our Paper Hugs Club class this past weekend and I loved my friend Molly’s reaction when she said she never thinks to stamp on Designer Series Paper! She’s not the only one. Do you? It’s a fun technique that’s easy to do and gives a great layered look.
- With Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, repeatedly stamp the leaf image from the Tropical Chic stamp set on a 3-3/8″ x 4-7/8″ piece of pink floral Tropical Escape Designer Series Paper. Attach it to the front of a Note Card with Multi-Purpose Glue or SNAIL Adhesive.
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark Ink and heat emboss with White Stampin’ Embossing Powder on Basic Black Cardstock, trimmed with the Triple Banner Punch. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Ink the hibiscus stamp on the Blushing Bride Classic Stampin’ Pad and dab a bit of Flirty Flamingo ink in the center with a Sponge Dauber; stamp on Whisper White Cardstock. Doodling is optional, but recommended with a Black Stampin’ Write Marker! Wink of Stella Glitter adds a lovely pop of shimmer. Die-cut with the coordinating Tropical Thinlits die and attach with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
The above example is classic tropics!
- Ink the Monstera leaf image with a Shaded Spruce Classic Stampin’ Pad. (Use Shaded Spruce Cardstock for the sentiment).
- The black seeds blowing in the wind are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
- Ink the hibiscus image on a Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad and highlight the edges with Mango Melody ink applied with a Sponge Dauber. More doodling. Definitely Wink of Stella shimmer!
Our last example is reversed from the first card. I chose one of the leaf print designs and stamped the flowers with a Lovely Lipstick Classic Stampin’ Pad (and coordinating Cardstock).
Don’t they just make you smile? They’re quick and simple, with several different patterns in the Tropical Escape paper pack to choose from. Mix and match stamps. Pick your own color mix. If you want an even simpler version, simply stamp the sentiment on Whisper White Cardstock and forego the heat embossing. Turn on some tropical tunes and have fun!
Need supplies for today’s Tropical Escape Cards? Find the supply list with shopping links at the end of this post.
During the month of August every $50 in product you purchase earns you a $5 coupon redeemable in September (with no minimum purchase required). Redeem it for anything in the catalog… including the NEW Fall-Winter Catalog coming Sept 5th! No limit, so stack ’em up!
- Make sure your product subtotal (BEFORE tax and shipping) meets the $50 incremental threshold.
Example: $99.99 in products only earns you 1 coupon. $100 earns you 2
- Get triple benefits for orders $150+ (it pays to save up & place one large order!)
- Earn $15+ in coupons (that’s 10% savings)
- Earn 10% in Stampin’ Rewards (includes access to Host Sets; redeemable immediately) – you’re now at 20% savings
- Earn Free Product Samples and handmade projects from me! (no code required)
- Get double benefits for orders <$150
- Earn $5 coupon for every $50 in products purchased
- Use my exclusive Rewards Code for FREE Product Samples & handmade projects from me!
JFM4QYJ7 >Copy & Paste into HOST CODE Box in Shopping Bag
- After each order, you’ll receive an email from Stampin’ Up! with a coupon code- MAKE SURE TO KEEP THAT EMAIL SAFE! You’ll need the coupon codes to redeem for credit in September and you’re the only that has them (SU! doesn’t keep them, nor are Demonstrator’s given copies, so it’s REALLY IMPORTANT you don’t delete them. There’s no way to recover them if they’re lost!)
The limited release ‘Color Your Season’ is available while supplies last or Aug. 1-31, 2018. It includes:
- Blended Seasons Bundle (Best Value/SAVE 10%- stamps and Framelits dies)
- Blended Season Stamp Set
- Stitched Seasons Coordinating Framelits Dies
- Watercolor Pencils Assortment Pack #2
FALL-WINTER HOLIDAY CATALOG
If that’s not you, just place $50+ order and I’ll include it FREE with your thank you gift (plus an Annual Catalog, too if you want)! Just one of the perks of shopping with me!
More to check out…
- August REWARDS CODE: JFM4QYJ7
< Copy & Paste into HOST CODE Box in Stampin Up Shopping bag> for free Product Samples from me
- Clearance Rack $avings up to 70% off
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
- SHOP HERE
Happy Stampin’! xxx tammy 🙂
*** Product List for Tropical Escape Cards ***
Click any image to SHOP