If I told you there’s one tool that will change your crafting experience forever, would you guess the SU Big Shot Machine? You probably did if you already own it, am I right?
If you want to create paper-crafting projects that wow your friends and family (and have a blast doing it), this is a must-have!
Check out today’s fall card with elements made (almost exclusively) with the Big Shot. I did need to have at least one stamp and a little trim!
The SU Big Shot machine is the work-horse in my craft room, after my Stampin’ Trimmer. I bought my first one 15 years ago and it’s still going strong today. Yes, it’s an investment, but worth every penny. It makes your projects look amazing and the creative process so much more enjoyable.
This simple machine will rock your crafting world! It does two primary jobs:
Metal Dies (called Framelits, Thinlits or Edgelits) enable you to make precision cuts quickly, easily and safely. Cut out stamped images, words, frames, labels, shapes, banners, edging and more. Today’s project features…
- Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies (my #1 fave die set, no question)
- Layering Ovals Framelits Dies (coordinates with the above; also available in circles and squares)
- Die-cut Cajun Craze Cardstock with the scalloped oval die to layer under the above
- Seasonal Layers Framelits Dies (coordinates with the COLORFUL SEASONS Stamp Set- not used today)
Create texture and dimension with a single pass through the machine! It can be done one of two ways.
- Textured Impressions Embossing Folders – one of my favorite accessories! They’re inexpensive, can be used over and over, last forever, are super quick and easy to use and come in a variety of fun patterns. What’s not to like?
- With a Stampin’ Spritzer, spritz Bright Copper Shimmer Paint (a few drops in Isopropyl Alcohol) onto a 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock; emboss in the new Swirls and Curls Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
- Savvy Tips: Spritzing before embossing helps soften the paper fibers and eliminate cracking (and in this case, also adds shimmer). After embossing, set aside to dry under Clear Block F. It’ll dry flat as a pancake- with no warping or curling.
- Big Shot Embossing Mats enable you to emboss (instead of cut) with Dies. There’s a whole world of possibilities with this amazing accessory! See a few examples HERE, HERE and HERE.
I kept the embellishments simple with the Braided Linen Trim. It’s fun to stretch it out and fray the ends. Surprisingly, it took me longer to do that than make the rest of the entire card! That’s what having the right (high-quality) tools do for you!
Product List for today’s Fall Card
- Bonus Day Coupons expire Sunday! Finalize your order by 11:59 pm MT or gift them to someone you really, really like!
- Last Chance: Get the exclusive DASHING ALONG Designer Series Paper for FREE with orders $250+ (after discounts). Offer ends Sunday
- September REWARDS CODE KD3MF7SP (free rewards from me!)
If you have questions about the Big Shot machine, please leave me a comment below or contact me. I’m happy to help- before and after you take it home!
xxx tammy 🙂
PS. Don’t forget to check out the CLEARANCE RACK for savings up to 60% off! Yes, you can use your Bonus Day Coupons! wooHOO