Embossing with SU Framelits Dies
Happy Monday! Today’s project is one of my all time favorites- ever! It’s almost perfect in it’s simplicity! I haven’t done a simple one layer card in quite a while, so maybe that’s why. Whatever the reason, I hope you like it as much as I do! SU Framelits are the star of this project… don’t they look great embossed?
This little 3″ x 3″ gift card literally takes minutes to create, but the embossing provides just enough “WOW” to make it feel lux! Your friends and family will be clamoring to ask how you did it (mine did!). The answer is found in the new Big Shot Embossing Mats…. my second favorite new tool in the 2018-2019 Stampin’ Up! Catalog (the Stamparatus is the first, but it was close!).
Want to know the best part? For the cost of a couple drinks at Starbucks, you can double the use of your Thinlits and Framelits die with this tool. I get soooo excited about this- can you tell?
If you missed my video tutorial on how to emboss with dies, check it out HERE. It’s full of tips and step-by-step directions on embossing like a boss. One of my tips actually saved me from ruin the other day… watch it and I’ll bet you can guess which one! You’ll want to use it, too!
The Power of Three
- It’s a 3″ x 3″ Card and fits Stampin’ Up’s 3″ x 3″ Envelopes
- It has three design elements: the embossed circle, the sentiment and the butterfly
- Create it in three easy steps
- Create a 3″ x 6″ card base from Whisper White Cardstock, scored and folded in half.
- Emboss with the second largest circle die from the Stitched Shapes Framelits set and the Night of Navy silicone Embossing Mat on the Big Shot machine (follow the sandwich provided with the Mats).
- Stamp the sentiment and butterfly in the center. That’s it! Gorgeous Grape was used for the sentiment and Highland Heather for the butterfly. For a fun touch, I added a little doodling to create antennae and spots with the Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker.
One of my favorite new stamp sets is Enjoy Life. It’s got a fabulous mix of great sentiments, beautiful fonts and fun graphics. Even I’m surprised at how often I find myself reaching for it. Highly recommend it!
Find the Product List at the end of this post to SHOP supplies for today’s card.
Buy 3 – Get 1 FREE Designer Series Sale. Select from ten different designs; mix and match as you please- NO LIMIT! Time to stock up – SHOP by clicking below
If you like getting happy mail, now’s the time to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin, Stampin’ Up!’s monthly project kit of FUN! Sign up now through August 10th to get 50% off the August kit (new subscribers only). wooHOO! Want more details, find them HERE. Subscribe HERE.
Love Stampin’ Up! products? Want to start saving 20% on all your orders? Have we got a deal for you?!! Check out more details HERE and consider joining my team. Selling is totally optional – hobbyists welcome! SIGN UP Online HERE
- Check out Clearance Rack $avings up to 70% off
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
I hope you enjoyed today’s little project. There’s so much you can now do with your SU Framelits dies and the Big Shot Embossing Mats. I encourage you to get this tool and see how many things you can emboss with the dies you already have!
Join me Wednesday for a fun birthday project with a tutorial on adapting Thinlits dies into custom sizes to fit just about any need! Getting MORE from what you have is one of my favorites topics!
xxx tammy 🙂
*** Product List for Today’s Project ***
Click any image to add the product to your Stampin’ Up! Shopping Bag
Use the current Rewards Code for FREE Product Samples from me!