How To Get More From SU Thinlits Dies
Happy Day! Today’s wonderful, brilliant and fabulous card project is so fun and easy- you’re going to want to make several! Plus, I’ve got a few Savvy Tips on how to get MORE from your SU Thinlits Dies! If you love value and versatility like I do, stick around. I think you’ll enjoy today’s post! If you missed Monday’s post on embossing with SU Framelits dies, see it HERE.
- Aren’t the scallop borders fun?! Find this die as part of the Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies set (that coordinates with the Colorful Seasons Stamps).
- Savvy Tip #1: Cut all three scallop borders at one time. Simply stack your three sheets of 6″ x 6″ 2018-2020 In Color Collection Designer Series Paper (in Blueberry Bushel, Call Me Clover & Lovely Lipstick) and place die on top (they’re all the same finished width). Run them through the Big Shot machine and they should cut in a single pass (mine do, but if in doubt, do a double pass- machines may vary slightly in their calibration).
- Savvy Tip #2: The beauty of this design is you can use any three coordinating colors of Designer Series Paper or cardstock you have (although I’m partial to this DSP- the stripes and dots are so versatile and FUN!)
- Savvy Tip #3: Match the ink on your sentiment to the DSP with coordinating Stampin’ Write Markers (more info on this technique HERE). Stamp onto Whisper White Cardstock, then die-cut with the Stitched Shapes Thinlits Dies in the second to largest size.
- Savvy Tip #4: If the die is larger than you want, make it smaller! Here’s how: Set your Thinlits Die on the left side where you want it to cut (don’t worry about the right side yet) and run it through the Big Shot like normal. See photo below…
- After it’s cut, now set the Thinlits Die where you want the right side to cut, while placing the stitches in the same place. It’s easy to do by feel from the back… they’ll drop in place as you move it slowly across the cardstock. Set your top Cutting Plate just over the right side of the die and start the roll through the Big Shot machine. Once it’s cut, roll it back out the same side you started. Easy-peasy! See photos below…
- Attach your die-cuts to an A2 Card Base (4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″) made from Thick Whisper White Cardstock.
- Embellish with a bow in coordinating 1/8″ Grosgrain Ribbon (Lovely Lipstick), attached with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Stamp sentiment of choice on inside
- Decorate envelope flap with coordinating DSP
- Now make someone’s day and give it away!
- SHOP supplies for today’s project at the end of this post
Buy 3 – Get 1 FREE Designer Series Sale. Select from ten different designs; mix and match as you please- NO LIMIT! Time to stock up 🙂
If you like getting happy mail, now’s the time to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin, Stampin’ Up!’s monthly project kit of FUN! Sign up now through August 10th to get 50% off the August kit (new subscribers only). wooHOO! Want more details, find them HERE.
Love Stampin’ Up! products? Want to start saving 20% on all your orders? Have we got a deal for you?!! Check out more details HERE and consider joining my team. Selling is totally optional – hobbyists welcome! SIGN UP Online HERE
- Check out Clearance Rack $avings up to 70% off
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
- See another 2018-2020 In Color Project HERE
- Want to do even more with Thinlits Dies? See how to emboss with them HERE
Thanks for joining me today! Were today’s tips on using SU Thinlits dies helpful? If so, stop back Friday for another fun project using the scallop border- with a fun twist!
xxx tammy 🙂
***Product List for today’s Wonderful, Brilliant, Fabulous You Card***
Click any image to add that product to your Stampin’ Up! Shopping Bag
Use my current Rewards Code for freebies from me!