Your cart is currently empty!
Festive Friday Challenge: Sweet Friendship Card in new Grapefruit Grove
Sweet Friendship Card
Today I’m playing along in the Festive Friday Challenge to celebrate Friendship Day coming up on August 5th. The challenge is to create a project with the theme of friendship OR use yellow in your design elements… or both. I chose the theme as inspiration for today’s sweet friendship card using new In-Color Grapefruit Grove.
I’m just loving returning color ‘Blackberry Bliss’ paired with ‘Grapefruit Grove’. It’s two colors I wouldn’t have thought to pair, but, that’s one of the reasons I love Designer Series Paper. Stampin’ Up! does the color coordination for you- as they did in the Nature’s Poem DSP. Now I can add it to my own color inspiration board- and so can you! Find me on Pinterest HERE.
- The funnest element on this card was the scallop border. I wanted to jazz up the striped border a bit, without taking away from the butterfly focal point. Since I had the scallop die from the Seasonal Layers Framelits Dies out from Wednesday’s card (seen HERE), I decided to give it a try. By offsetting the stripes, it adds a little va-voom without being distracting. I love it! What do ya think??? That’s the 6″ x 6″ 2018-2020 In Colors Designer Series Paper.
- The butterfly is die cut with the Springtime Impressions Thinlits Dies from the Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper (as well as the banner piece under the sentiment).
- The subtle stamping to the right of the striped border is the lovely Handwritten Background Stamp, inked with Versamark to create a watermark effect. So many sweet and fun “handwritten” words!
- The sentiment (and die cut it’s on) are from the Stitched All Around Bundle ( a fave).
- SHOP products for today’s friendship card from the Supply List at the end of this post
Want to play along with the Festive Friday Challenge? Check out the details HERE to submit your own projects for fun points and prizes, as well as find more inspiration!
NEW PAPER PUMPKIN SPECIAL
If like getting happy mail, now’s the time to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin, Stampin’ Up!’s monthly project kit of FUN! Sign up now through August 10th to get 50% off the August kit (new subscribers only). wooHOO! Want more details, find them HERE.
Don’t miss these other SPECIALS going on now…JOIN MY TEAM IN JULY and save 50% on the Starter Kit! Select $200 in products for only $99 – that includes a new color collection of TEN Classic Stampin’ Pads! Ships FREE
- Find more details on becoming a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in this post HERE
- Ready to SIGN UP, start HERE
- Have questions??? Email me StampinSavvy@yahoo.com
- Check out Clearance Rack $avings up to 70% off
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
- Miss Monday’s post on embossing with SU Framelits Dies? Find it HERE
- Miss Wednesday’s post on altering SU Thinlits Dies? Find it HERE
Thanks for joining me for today’s sweet friendship card. I know just who mine is going to… how about yours? Happy stampin’!
xxx tammy 🙂
*** Product List for today’s Friendship Card project ***
Click any image to add that item to your Stampin’ Up! Shopping Bag
Apply my Rewards Code for freebies from me!