Paper Scraps Cards – Quick, Simple & Versatile!
Hi stampin’ friends! I’m back today with two more card ideas to help you use up your paper scraps. Don’t bin ’em- let’s create something beautiful with this week’s Card Sketch Blueprint. If you missed yesterday’s adorable spring card idea and Sketch Tutorial, find it HERE.
NEEDLEPOINT NOOK DSP
Today’s cards feature the Needlepoint Nook Designer Series Paper and coordinating Needle & Thread Stamp and Die Bundle… personal favorites!
Notice how many colors are in this paper? That means YOU have lots of options for color-matching!
- 12 sheets of 12″ x 12″ paper, 2 each of each double-sided design featuring photographic imagery of hand-stitched embroidery
- Factoid: These designs were hand-made by very talented artisans commissioned by Stampin’ Up!, then photographed to create this beautiful paper! You’re looking at the real deal?
- For easy creating, get the color-matched 24-sheet Needlepoint Nook Cardstock Pack that includes 8 sheets each of Balmy Blue, Blushing Bride and Old Olive cardstocks
NEEDLE & THREAD BUNDLE
Want to see other project ideas for this bundle?
- See a set of simple note cards HERE
- Find a dual-occasion friend card HERE
- Enjoy a sweet birthday card idea HERE
CARD SKETCH BLUEPRINT
Here’s this week’s Card Sketch Blueprint we’re using. Notice I rotated today’s cards to a landscape orientation with the focal point still in the bottom right corner… easy!
To make today’s cards, follow the Tutorial for Card Sketch Blueprint #107 (DOWNLOAD HERE)
Follow the Tutorial for Card Sketch Blueprint #107 using the following supplies:
(click any name to add that item to your Stampin’ Up! shopping bag or find product details):
- STAMPS: Needle & Thread Photopolymer Stamps
- INK: Crushed Curry and Berry Burst Classic Stampin’ Pads
- PAPER: Needlepoint Nook DSP, Crushed Curry, Old Olive (from Regals Collection) and Whisper White Cardstocks
- EMBELLISHMENTS: Olive Olive Linen Thread, Needlepoint Nook Mini Buttons
- ADHESIVE: Multipurpose Glue, SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots
- TOOLS: Needlepoint Elements Framelits Dies, Big Shot Machine, Triple Banner Punch, Sponge Daubers , Stampin’ Trimmer, Bone Folder
- SAVE when you BUNDLE the Needle & Thread Stamps and Dies!
- SAVVY TIPS:
- I found Multipurpose Glue the easiest adhesive to use when applying the five DSP panels as it gives you time to wiggle them in place!
- Use Sponge Daubers to add or remove ink from stamps and get a clearer stamped image- especially with DistINKtive stamps like these
- Need a get well or friend card instead? Swap sentiments- easy!
This second card takes a little creative license with the design. Instead of creating a “nest” with twine, I’ve used the round form in the center of the sentiment panel to mimic the shape. Since it’s also wider than it is tall, it creates a similar feel to using a tag. The butterfly makes a quick and easy image focal point. Did you know the BUTTERFLY DUET Punch will punch this stamped image out? No fussy cutting needed- wooHOO!!!
This card is super quick and easy to make! The supplies and directions are the same as the first card, with the exception of these items:
- INK: Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Pad
- PAPER: Very Vanilla Thick and Night of Navy Cardstocks
- EMBELLISHMENTS: Pearl Basic Jewels
- ADHESIVE: Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- TOOLS: Pretty Label Punch , Butterfly Duet Punch (it matches the stamp!)
- BUNDLE the Butterfly Duet Punch & Butterfly Gala Photopolymer Stamps and $AVE!
- SAVVY TIPS: For the sentiment, stamp first, die-cut stitching second, then punch last. For the butterfly, stamp first, punch second; adhere to card and add pearls last.
If you want another card idea for this Card Sketch Blueprint, make sure to subscribe to my newsletter… I include bonus projects just for you! Look for a bonus birthday card next week!?
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out….
- FREE NEWSLETTER with PDF printable resources & tutorials, crafty tips & the latest Stampin’ Up! specials and news. Subscribe HERE
- APRIL REWARDS CODE 62WK4X4Q – Apply to all orders up to $150 (no code if over $150) See Reward Details HERE
- NEW! Modular STORAGE SOLUTIONS
- CLEARANCE RACK deals up to 60% off
- COORDINATING PRODUCT BUNDLES on special NOW!
- PINTEREST Inspiration & Project Ideas
- YouTube Paper Crafting Video Tutorials
PLACING AN ORDER? Treat Yourself to Rewards!
- Add current Rewards Code to all orders up to $150 (no code needed if order is $150+)
- Spend $50+ during the month to earn the Stampin’ Savvy REWARDS KIT OF THE MONTH (it changes every month and is a fun surprise for you to play with!)
- My handmade gift of the month (designed and made by me for you to gift or use)
Hope you have as much fun as I did! It feels so good to use up scraps that might’ve been wasted. Dig ’em out and create some paper scraps cards of your own… and let me know if you do- I LOVE to hear from YOU!❤