It’s a happy day when a new ‘little’ enters your life, so I’ve got a Stampin Up baby boy card idea for you to express your congratulations! I created this card for my new nephew, Max but with a change-up of colors, the design works equally well for girls.
That fun banner was created with the Pick A Pennant Bundle and combined with the cuteness of the Twinkle, Twinkle Designer Series Paper (DSP) to create what looks like a wall in a (well-decorated) baby’s room! It’s even got wainscoting! Did you get that???
Just look at all the different images in that Pick A Pennant stamp set! Sooo many options and cute ways to create banners and accents. And the coordinating Playful Pennant Framelits Dies makes quick work of cutting them out.
The nice thing about the Twinkle, Twinkle DSP is you’ve got several patterns to choose from that work for both boys and girls. But don’t think it’s just for babies; it also works great for birthdays and other occasions.
Stampin Up Baby Boy Card Idea Tutorial
SUPPLY LIST for Stampin Up Baby Boy Card Idea
Click any image to SHOP or find more details
- Create an A2 Card Base with Thick Whisper White Cardstock. (4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5-1/2″)
- Green Star Pattern: Attach 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ piece of Twinkle, Twinkle DSP to the top of the card front.
- Striped Pattern: Attach 4-1/4″ x 2-1/4″ piece of Twinkle, Twinkle DSP to the bottom of the card front.
- Apply a 1/4″ strip of Whisper White Cardstock over the seam. Layer another piece 1/8″ x 4-1/4″ on top
- Stamp banner from Pick A Pennant stamp set on Whisper White Cardstock with Balmy Blue Classic Stampin’ Pad; when dry personalize name with Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Pad. Die-cut with coordinating Playful Pennants Framelits Die on Big Shot machine.
- Die-cut star from Sparkle Glimmer Paper with the Take-out Thinlits Dies.
- Die-Cut three hearts from Whisper White Cardstock with the Stitched Labels Framelits Dies.
- Let me walk you through the design of the dresser…
- Here’s how the individual pieces break down. They’re cut with the Stampin’ Trimmer from Night of Navy Cardstock.
- Create the “legs” with the Duet Banner Punch as shown.
- Optional: Snip off the tips of the legs if that bugs you.
Save the leftover punched piece, you’ll be using it next.
- Flip the dresser over and glue the leftover piece as shown, attaching the top.
- Flip it back to the front side and glue on your drawer fronts and escutcheons (hearts) and attach the knobs (Faceted Dots, middle size). Adhere to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the banner and star above the dresser. Stamp greeting on inside. Decorate envelope (optional). Stamp and sign the back.
- Now make someone’s day and gift it away! ❤
- October Rewards Code: TPJ23U62 (more details HERE)
- World Card Making Day Special ends this Sunday! See more details HERE
- Stamparatus Accessories Now Available! SHOP HERE
- ’12 Weeks of Christmas’ Exclusive Holiday Project Tutorials – Subscribe HERE
- Follow my PINTEREST Boards
- Subscribe to my YOUTUBE Channel
- Want another baby boy card idea? Check it out HERE
So what did you think of today’s Stampin Up baby boy card idea? Think you’ll try it? I’d love to hear from you if you do! xxx tammy❤