Accented Blooms Round 3- Easy Watercolor Cards
Have you enjoyed this week’s showcase of the Accented Blooms stamps set? I’ve had so much fun playing- and we’re not done yet! Today I’ve got a video tutorial showing you how to use this set to create easy watercolor cards. Yes, easy- see for yourself!
Let me me say up front that a pro watercolor-er I am not. But, I have learned a few things over the years that work for stampers like me- and hopefully you’ll find them helpful. My top three tips are…
- Water is you’re friend! Lay it down first before adding ink. Don’t be afraid to add more, or remove some to dilute color. Let it work for you.
- Be patient! Preferably, let it dry naturally- especially between layers. If you’re in a hurry, use your Heat Tool on low (level 1)- being careful not to move any pools of water. How it looks wet, is usually NOT how it will look dry, so be patient and wait.
- Go with the flow! Embrace the organic nature of water-coloring and don’t overthink your coloring. Just drop your ink in and leave it. Typically, the less you work it, the better the results. Relax and have fun!
With that intro, enjoy….
Did you know that all colors derive from 3 primary colors? Can you guess what they are??? Here’s a few hints. Want a little purple on your easy watercolor cards? Mix a tad of Blueberry Bushel with Lovely Lipstick. Prefer olive green? Add a little Pineapple Punch to Call Me Clover. Or maybe you’d rather have a deeper green? Instead of Pineapple Punch, add Blueberry Bushel. Did you catch the three? Red, Blue and Yellow.
With all three primary colors included in the 2018-2020 In Colors, you have endless coloring possibilities. As such, they also all coordinate and play well with each other. Top that with 10% off the bundled Collection! Mixing colors is FUN, so experiment and play!
Stock Versatile Basics
To your Classic Stampin’ Pad Collection add the 2018-2020 In Color Cardstock Pack, Designer Series Paper and grosgrain ribbons and you’ve got the basics for TONS of beautiful, coordinated cards and projects! Just add your fave stamp sets (like Accented Blooms 🙂 and start creating! Want to see other projects with these In Colors? Check them out HERE, HERE and HERE.
Buy supplies for today’s project by clicking any photo
- A2 Card Base 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Watercolor paper 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″
- Striped DSP 4-1/4″ x 2-1/2″
- Cardstock layer 3-3/8″ x 4-1/4″
If you enjoyed today’s project, you may also be interested in…
- SAVE 10% on all NEW Bundles HERE
- Join Paper Pumpkin and receive monthly project kits HERE
- NEW! Paper Pumpkin Storage tips with FREE Resources HERE
- Use Current Rewards Code for FREE Product Samples with every order
- Check out Clearance Rack $avings up to 70% off
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
I hope you enjoyed this week’s showcase of projects for the Accented Blooms stamp set, including today’s easy watercolor cards. Feel inspired and ready to give it a go? I hope so!
I love to hear your comments and questions, so please don’t be shy. Thanks for joining me!
xxx tammy 🙂