Your cart is currently empty!
Card Sketches Design #4 – Consider Yourself Hugged
Card Sketches Design #4
As promised, here’s the fourth (and last- at least for awhile:) card made with the same sketch design (or blueprint) I’ve been showcasing the last 2 weeks. It really does deserve to be in your Design Notebook. Feel free to Pin It or download & copy it. I find it’s a great go-to sketch when I’m in a creative fog. Anyone???
Don’t have a Design Notebook? I encourage you to start one- whether it’s an actual notebook or virtual version. Having a handful of card sketches to reference can be an easy way to jumpstart your creative juices.
Here’s a refresher of the design. If you missed any of the other three cards, you can see the mermaid card HERE, the dragon card HERE and the birdhouse card HERE. I encourage you to check them out so you can see how versatile a design can be. Change up the color, paper and stamps and create an endless number of cards that look similar in form, but very different in style.
- Card Base- Thick Whisper White 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored & folded @ 5-1/2″
- Bottom Layer- Whole Lot Of Lovely DSP 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Banner- Berry Burst cardstock cut 3″ wide x 5″ long, notched at the bottom.
- Circle Layers- Layering Circles Framelits dies in Whisper White and Basic Black.
- Stamping- The flower was stamped with Berry Burst and leaves with Lemon Lime Twist ink.
- Embellishments- I used a black Rhinestone Jewel in the center (from the 2017 Holiday catalog, now retired). If you don’t have that, the mini sequins below would also work. A quick bow from Black Baker’s Twine completes it.
- Easy-peasy, lemon squeasy.
In this card, black is the dominant color, with Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist as accents. It’s a bright, bold mix that works because of the use of lots of white!
WHOLE LOT OF LOVELY
The black and white background on the card is from the Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Series Paper, part of the Whole Lot of Lovely suite of products. Thought I’d share them since they’re some of my favorite goodies in the Annual Catalog, even if they’re not on this card. It’s a beautiful, versatile suite!
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
I really hope you’ll give this design a try. And start a Design Notebook for your card sketches, color inspiration and project ideas if you don’t have one. Follow me on Pinterest or subscribe to this blog for a continual source of ideas.
I’m super excited to play with my new goodies from the upcoming 2018-2019 Catalog that just arrived! Woo-HOO! Keep an eye out for sneak peeks to come. Plus, our Paper Hugs Club meets tomorrow for our monthly class (always a joy!) It should be a VERY good weekend indeed! Hope you get in some crafty play of your own!
xxx tammy 🙂
Shop online for the Stampin’ Up! products needed to make this card by clicking on any picture. Please DO use my Rewards Code for FREE product samples & handmade gifts from me 🙂