Sponge Coloring Technique with DIY Shimmer Mist- New Video Tutorial
Hi there! We’re wrapping up the last of the twelve cards* in the BIRD BALLAD Card Series today with a fun and easy sponge coloring technique for an ombre’ background that’s stunning. The video tutorial includes lots of savvy tips, along with my DIY Shimmer Mist recipe that you are going to want!
*Tune in for next week’s video tutorial featuring a bonus project that’s practically free!
Don’t want to miss it? Subscribe to receive blog posts via email. Find the sign-up on the right sidebar (computer) or at the bottom of this post (tablets & phones).
If you missed any of the earlier cards in the series, find the links below.
- Card #1 – Monochromatic ‘Hello’
- Card #2- Monochromatic ‘Encouragement’
- Card #3- Calypso Coral ‘Friendship’
- Card #4 -Pool Party ‘Thank You’
- Cards #5 & 6 – Daffodil Delight ‘Enjoy Your Special Day’ & Soft Sea Foam” Love, Prayers & Caring…”
- Cards #7 & 8 – Monochromatic ‘With Gratitude’ & ‘Congratulations’
- The Savvy Way to Adhere These Cards VIDEO TUTORIAL
Enjoy this week’s video tutorial…
If this doesn’t play in your browser, watch it on You Tube HERE.
Here are the color combos I used for the cards in the BIRD BALLAD gift set:
Here’s the card made in the video (below). The camera does not do it justice… trust me, it’s STUNNING in person. I’m going to decorate this one and show it to you again soon!
DIY Shimmer Mist Recipe
- Stampin’ Spritzer
- 4-6 Drops Shimmer Paint: Frost White or Champagne Mist
- Isopropyl/Rubbing Alcohol (70-90%)
- Readily available in the Pharmacy Section at your local store
- Fill Spritzer only 3/4 full
- Shake before use to redistribute the shimmer
- Dries quickly without warping paper
Want to make this? You CAN!
Transform your August Paper Pumpkin kit into 24 cards with this exclusive add-on kit!
A great deal at only $10! While supplies last this month (PP Subscribers Only)
Redeem your Bonus Days Coupons earned in July! How-To HERE
Have a wish list $100 or more?
Order the ULTIMATE BUNDLE in August to get $200+ value for only $99
BONUS: Include new goodies from the Holiday Catalog (not yet released)
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out….
- WAYS TO SAVE…
- August Rewards Code XXYQNSXW–Copy & paste to HOST CODE BOX for all orders up to $149.99 (no code if $150+)… you’ll be glad!
- Earn Free Products from Tammy
- Earn Free Products from Stampin’ Up!
- Redeem Bonus Day Coupons – August 1-31, 2019 / How-To Details HERE
- If you’re aiming to earn Reward Points, make sure your NET product total (after discount and before tax & shipping = $50+ per point
- Ultimate Bundle Bonus in August -$200+ value for only $99
- FREE NEWSLETTER with PDF printable resources & tutorials, crafty tips & the latest Stampin’ Up! specials and news. Subscribe HERE
- SAVE 20-25% OFF Stampin’ Up! Details HERE
- NEW! SUITE SAVINGS on Coordinated Products
- CLEARANCE RACK deals up to 60% off
- PINTEREST Inspiration & Project Ideas
- YouTube Paper Crafting Video Tutorials
Thanks for joining me today! I’m going to be enjoying a week out of the office for a family reunion and will be back on the 29th. Hubby and I are really excited… should be fun and relaxing. Two of our kids and their family’s will be joining us, which we’re thrilled about. My Paper Pumpkin kits are packed to share; this girl’s just gotta craft! 🙂
Are you ready to try this sponge coloring technique and DIY Shimmer Mist???
What’s your favorite tip from the video? Leave me a comment below… I’d love to know!❤