BIRD BALLAD Card Series – 5 & 6
Hi friends! I’m back this week to finish up the BIRD BALLAD Card Series I started a couple weeks ago featuring our stunning new Laser-Cut Cards with beautiful gift tin. The twelve multi-occasion cards I’m sharing are part of the gift I’m giving my step-mom Cathy for her birthday. With the tutorials I’m including, you can easily replicate these at home to gift to someone special in your life!
If you missed any of the earlier cards, find the links below. They’re full of information to help you with today’s cards as well!
- Card #1 – Monochromatic ‘Hello’
- Card #2- Monochromatic ‘Encouragement’
- Card #3- Calypso Coral ‘Friendship’
- Card #4 -Pool Party ‘Thank You’
- The Savvy Way to Adhere These Cards VIDEO TUTORIAL
BIRD BALLAD Card #5 Details
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock – 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″; adhere to inside front of Laser-cut Card
- Old Olive Cardstock die-cut with third largest STITCHED NESTED LABEL DIE and embossed with LAYERED LEAVES 3D Embossing Folder
- Cut in half and adhere to card front (positioned behind sentiment circle)
- Very Vanilla Cardstock stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink using sentiment from STITCHED ALL AROUND Stamps and flowers and leaves from FREE AS A BIRD stamps
- Stamp three extra flowers like above
- Color with Stampin’ Blends Combo Markers:
- Daffodil Delight
- Mango Melody
- Old Olive
- Die-cut sentiment with largest circle from the STITCHED SHAPES DIES; adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Fussy-cut flowers; line up to match flowers on sentiment panel and adhere to card front with Multipurpose Glue or SNAIL Adhesive. Add Pearl Basic Jewel in center of each
- Color with Stampin’ Blends Combo Markers:
What makes this card so great is it works just as well for a birthday as it does for a wedding!
BIRD BALLAD CARD #6
This card is similar to card #3, with a couple key differences that could be used on either card.
- This bird is stamped (versus card #3 is cut from the BIRD BALLAD Designer Series Paper).
- This bird faces the opposite direction from the stamp! It worked better with my design, so I did reverse or mirror image stamping. Find details with a short how-to video tutorial HERE. It’s sooo ridiculously EASY!
- Like in card 3, the body of the bird is adhered, with the tail left to prop up over the sentiment. It creates a little more visual interest… and just looks cool!
- Soft Sea Foam Cardstock (4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″) is adhered behind the Laser-Cut Card front
- Stamp flowers/leaves from FREE AS A BIRD Stamps on Very Vanilla Cardstock
- Color with Stampin’ Blends Combo Markers Calypso Coral and Old Olive
- Die-cut with largest circle from STITCHED SHAPES DIES
- Adhere* centered to card front with SNAIL Adhesive or Multipurpose Glue
- *Remember to cut out the laser-cut center first, as mentioned in the first card tutorial
- Mirror (or reverse) image stamp the bird on a separate piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock
- Color with Stampin’ Blend Markers: Bronze, Ivory and Soft Sea Foam Combo
- Add a little shimmer to his belly with Wink of Stella Glitter Brush
- Stamp sentiment from WELL SAID Stamps on Old Olive Cardstock
- Die-cut with third smallest STITCHED NESTED LABELS DIE; adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals
Join me Wednesday for a video tutorial on how to create lovely colored backgrounds for four of these laser-cut cards. It’s the last of the three designs I’ve been sharing in this series and a fun technique you can use for other cards❤
Want to make this? You CAN!
Transform your August Paper Pumpkin kit into 24 cards with this exclusive add-on kit!
A great deal at only $10! While supplies last this month (PP Subscribers Only)
Redeem your Bonus Days Coupons earned in July! How-To HERE
Have a wish list $100 or more?
Order the ULTIMATE BUNDLE in August to get $200+ value for only $99
BONUS: Include new goodies from the Holiday Catalog (not yet released)
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out….
- WAYS TO SAVE…
- August Rewards Code XXYQNSXW–Copy & paste to HOST CODE BOX for all orders up to $149.99 (no code if $150+)… you’ll be glad!
- Earn Free Products from Tammy
- Earn Free Products from Stampin’ Up!
- Redeem Bonus Day Coupons – August 1-31, 2019 / How-To Details HERE
- If you’re aiming to earn Reward Points, make sure your NET product total (after discount and before tax & shipping = $50+ per point
- Ultimate Bundle Bonus in August -$200+ value for only $99
- FREE NEWSLETTER with PDF printable resources & tutorials, crafty tips & the latest Stampin’ Up! specials and news. Subscribe HERE
- SAVE 20-25% OFF Stampin’ Up! Details HERE
- NEW! SUITE SAVINGS on Coordinated Products
- CLEARANCE RACK deals up to 60% off
- PINTEREST Inspiration & Project Ideas
- YouTube Paper Crafting Video Tutorials